Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Question to the masses

PoqFFEMTP

Reaction score
So here's a question. In all seriousness, why do people think they have to tell me "you should have ordered the pro, you'll be unhappy with the 8k"? Do you not think I've researched what this drone can do and what it can't? Do you think I didn't weigh my options got what I intend to use this drone for?

Why, instead of just saying "great purchase, welcome to the club" or just words of encouragement must it be about the size of a sensor that is 1 inch bigger than the sensor I have now since I don't have a personal rig yet. I'm still waiting on my 8k to be delivered.

I'm just ready for my 8k to come in, have a lot of fun with it and meet some great people here and get some great takeaways from the group.

Last edited:
That is what is nice about the Evo 2 you can just swap cameras if you need something different. The 8k version is just fine IMO. Many who talk about sensor size do not really need it unless they are going to be filming in low light conditions. Congrats on your purchase I am sure your gonna love it. I still have my Evo 1, not really looking to upgrade since I do not need the what the newer version offers. I hear if you shoot in 8k or 6k and downsample to 4k , that it looks better than shooting at 4k. Have a great day.

Reactions: Jelloguard
You should have ordered the PRO.
Why does it bother you what other people think?
I bought the best drone that served my interest. If money was not an issue I would want the most expensive.
I dont have a Ferrari but Im very happy with my Toyota.

Isolation is making me crazy. I just need something to do. Learning to fly a drone sounds like fun in the backyard. And a useful skill for future projects. Digital zoom requires high resolution sensors. I need traveling closeups and want optical zoom. But am happy with anything affordable. I am good with FHD 1080p. The lens is most important.

Don't worry. Be happy.

Reactions: Peter Goldwing
So here's a question. In all seriousness, why do people think they have to tell me "you should have ordered the pro, you'll be unhappy with the 8k"? Do you not think I've researched what this drone can do and what it can't? Do you think I didn't weigh my options got what I intend to use this drone for?

Why, instead of just saying "great purchase, welcome to the club" or just words of encouragement must it be about the size of a sensor that is 1 inch bigger than the sensor I have now since I don't have a personal rig yet. I'm still waiting on my 8k to be delivered.

I'm just ready for my 8k to come in, have a lot of fun with it and meet some great people here and get some great takeaways from the group.
Congratulations on your drone purchase. Welcome to the drone community. I wish you great days of flying with no crashes. This is a great hobby and I hope to get business involved too.

Reactions: PoqFFEMTP
I have the 8k and a DJI M2P. The Evo II 8k performs great. The 1.8 aperture really performs well. Alongside my M2P, I’m flying my Evo II more lately. I’m happy and I’m sure you will be too. Now...get out and fly!

Reactions: Opa43

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen