Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Question about the EVO and Controller

bkushner

Reaction score
Just bought an EVO. Own a few different DJI drones and I'm trying to evaluate the EVO. Am I correct in my finding that you can't do anything from the controller while flying like.

1. Change camera settings like ISO or even EV?
  2. Change flight modes from say Standard to Ludicrous

Looks like you must enter a menu to do everything is that correct?

Just bought an EVO. Own a few different DJI drones and I'm trying to evaluate the EVO. Am I correct in my finding that you can't do anything from the controller while flying like.

You can change the ISO, EV, SHUTTER, and a few other settings from the controller if just using the controller to fly. You hit the "display" button to cycle between the camera view and the flight info screen and then utilize a combination of the thumbwheel and button to select/change a setting.
When you have a phone/device connected, the camera screen on the controller is not available since it is on the phones screen now. With a phone attached, The settings for the camera ( ISO, EV, Shutter, etc) are scrolled across the bottom of the screen and that, at least if much more convenient than how you have to do the camera settings in a DJI product
The ludicrous mode does need to be selected through a menu on the phone...no switch or even an "easy" one touch icon or something in the app

You can change all parameters mid flight. The downside is like you just said, in order to change the flying mode, you have to stop and enter the menu settings to change Precision or Ludicrous. Hopefully when they enable the A and B buttons under the controller, we will be able to configure the speed settings there.

As for changing the EV and ISO, it's rather similar to DJI. Just use the right scroll to get what you wish to change and continue scrolling until you set what you want. It's best if you check Autel explanation of this.

Last edited:
Reactions: bkushner

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy