Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Question about Explorer app on android tablet

Len

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have EVO II Pro. After flying it dozen of times with my iPhone X, I realized that I can't see much on tiny screen. I have iPad MINI that used with my Mavic Pro so I tried installing Autel Explorer App only to find out that' it not a native iPad app, and just stretches image and also has wrong aspect rate. That's simply unacceptable for a drone app! But my question is about Android version. Does the app work with Android tablets at their native resolutions? I would buy one if it helps me see better...

Glad to hear you picked up the Galaxy Tab A 10.1 tablet, I year good reviews with this tablet.
And it’s
Thanks guys! Just wanted to confirm. And indeed it works. I just picked up Galaxy Tab A 10.1" tablet from local Best Buy and it works in full screen mode, awesome quality I can now see everything! :) Gotta sell my iPad Mini...
Good for you switching to an Android tablet, glad to hear everything worked out especially what appears to be a hasslefree experience.

Recently,, decided to switch to an Android tablet. Read positive reviews on a certain tablet for FPV flying using the mini-HDMI port, I assumed it would be fine using this particular tablet directly plugged to controller. An off brand Android tablet, priced great with a ton of features. Tango TAB 10" tablet 3GB Ram - 64 GB Disk.

When plugged to controller, drone on. Get a message (Remount Control and mobile phone disconnected). For the life of me,. Can't go beyond this. Even tried using USB 3.0 cable, I'd rather use the Android tablet before buying a iPad.

I'm very happy you figured yours out, I may be missing one final step?

Congratulations!
Paul

Reactions: Len
Thanks Paul! Yeah not sure why your tablet doesn't work... No issues with Glaxy Tab so far... Don't buy iPad, it doesn't really work with Evo at least now... I tried with both ipad mini and iPad Pro, and screen is tiny, it just stretches it leaving black bars on top/bottom...

Reactions: drrags
Hello Len,

Could be my problem with the tablet is minor, which instills fear if I was to get another android even same tablet as yours it’ll probably have the same problem.

Had an iPad 6 but cracked the screen, tried to repair screen myself and clipped an important connection inside ruining the iPad. This iPad 6 was great with all my DJI drones, I believe if memory serves me right it worked with Evo 2 and yes I remember the screen was smaller, yet bigger than my iPhone 11. However, since then I’ve learned a lot with picture settings and maybe now can select a certain picture size to fill more screen, maybe it’ll work maybe not but this picture size feature does work with the iPhone 11.

Thanks for sharing, I’m gun-shy now if I go with another android tablet. I know the iPad 6 works from my past experience, maybe it’s different than your iPad mini and iPad Pro.

Thanks again
Paul

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials