Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Props in video footage

Dronesolutionsja

Reaction score
My friend has an evo he recently bought sometime last week and at 0 degrees the props don't show in his video footage.
I've had my evo for a little while now and the props are showing in the footage at 0 degrees.
Also with the new beta update i've noticed the camera giving some horizon issues.

Can anyone assist?

As a general rule, lowering the camera by 10 ° resolves the problems, especially during the acceleration phases.

It all depends on how the Evo is flying. If you are giving it full throttle, the Evo will tilt forward and show props. As for the camera tilt, you can fix that in the gimbal settings. This has been a problem with the Evo since day 1.

And with other drones too, Ansia.
To inspire it you have to lower the camera also by 8 °.

Reactions: Ansia
And with other drones too, Ansia.
To inspire it you have to lower the camera also by 8 °.
I don't own one, so I cannot confirm or deny this, but I was under the impression the Inspire was designed to prevent props in the video when flying forward.

If in strong accelerations and at the start of a mission.
I had one for three years and each time I had to think about lowering the camera at the start of the missions

Keep in mind that if your delivery is 1080p and you are shooing at 4K it is safe to crop without loss to HD, eliminating the props form the frame and maintaining the camera angle at 0 degrees. As always, planning ahead is crucial to success.

Yes, there are always several factors to consider to avoid props, like head wind, flight speed, gimbal angle.
If possible, decrease speed and tilt gimbal down a bit.

I have found the props quite frustrating. You'd think they would have this figured out by now. My solution is to keep the speed at 11 mph and then I rarely have the props in the shot. If you go to 22 mph then you most likely will but it depends on the wind and direction you are flying. You can fly backwards at 22 mph and keep the props out but that is a half *** solution. You can always reverse in post, but if there is something moving in the frame that will look weird. Also you have to pay close attention when flying backwards, one you are flying blind and two the OA is not the best.

Reactions: Spappy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cronos