Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Propeller upgrade?

I saw that video. Saw some info on safety as these are stiffer and more of an edge. Easier to take a finger off in an accident.

I run the Maytech carbon fiber props on my Typhoon Q500. I like them but I had to balance each one of them. I find stock props come pretty much balance right out of the box. I checked all my props on my XSP and they where bang on.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Yes, I do. I love them. They are so much quieter, and yes are VERY sharp. The make it much more responsive and better in hover due to the amount of air they push. Worth every penny!
I ordered them myself but they do not seem to fit my XSP ?

I ordered them myself but they do not seem to fit my XSP ?
They are kind of a bugger to get on, and I wish they were colored like the Autel ones, but it took me a while too but I finally got it. Keep trying as they are not all that easy though. Let us know how they feel when you do get them on, because I'm telling you, that you will definitely will feel the difference.

I used a red sharpie to mark clockwise vs counter clockwise. To initially get them started, you have to be really level or they don't go on easily.

IMG_1634.JPG

Has anyone had issues with these props loosening? I flew with them and they were fantastic -- exactly as reported above. But when I took them off, the two counterclockwise ones seemed looser than I had mounted them. I generally snug them up pretty good. It may just be my perception, but has anyone else noticed this?

Has anyone had issues with these props loosening? I flew with them and they were fantastic -- exactly as reported above. But when I took them off, the two counterclockwise ones seemed looser than I had mounted them. I generally snug them up pretty good. It may just be my perception, but has anyone else noticed this?

Not yet, I use the prop tool to get them nice and snug and so far after 1.5 weeks they have not come loose yet.

I bought them from Carolina Dronz. Three were slightly out of balance which I used Black electrical tape to fix. They are quieter and perform great.

Do you know if they come and they are unbalanced if CarolinaDronz will give a refund or replacement? Should I buy the tool needed to check / balance? What is that tool?
Im a brand new Pilot (If you can't tell) and I was just wondering if these props would be worth getting If I have no knowledge of how to balance them.

Do you know if they come and they are unbalanced if CarolinaDronz will give a refund or replacement? Should I buy the tool needed to check / balance? What is that tool?
Im a brand new Pilot (If you can't tell) and I was just wondering if these props would be worth getting If I have no knowledge of how to balance them.
Just use the factory props until you get used to flying first.

Just use the factory props until you get used to flying first.
That makes sense, however I've actually logged about 35 hours of flight time on a cheap acrobatic drone. That thing was immensely harder to fly than the xsp. I'm pretty good at the controls. I wanted to make sure of that before getting something more expensive.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials