Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT | EVO II Dual 640T

By popular demand, the EVO II 640T Gimbal Camera is now sold separately! ($5700) The new generation of Autel Robotics' thermal imaging sensor provides greater resolution than any other camera in its class.

Standard with a 13mm lens, 8x digital zoom, and capable of recognizing subjects up to 100m away, the EVO II 640T Gimbal Camera also includes multiple temperature measurement modes and professional analysis tools.

Last edited:
Does the new EVO II Dual 640T accept the RTK add-on? Or is that a different model altogether?

Update:
I received the answer via a direct email to the company. It is not compatible with the RTK and this may or may not include a new model to be released later this year.

Last edited:
going to be purchasing this for my business, downloaded the ir tool, looks decent in comparison to flir tools. has anyone used the ir tool yet to process photos and reports?

Autel Flir 640 is a one of a kind foldable and is the ultimate search and rescue. I personally use it for scouting out coyotes.
I use mine everyday along with my partners enterprise advanced dual.
If your going to get certified in thermography and do inspections as a courier job then you'll have to get a radiometric lens if you're not going to seek that career path then do not get a radiomatic metric lens.
For both on board is the best lens to have on a drone for anything but inspections.
Radiometric lens I've seen on the Enterprise advance dual and it is not ideal for search and rescue it is very bad quality and contrast, sky and thick vegetation. Radiometric lens display gives a visual fisheye look which ruins your death perception and also you can't cannot tell how far you are from a Target or even the ground.
Flir boson provides both a flat visual screen, depth perception of how far you are from the ground how close you are to a dog or a signature how big the signature is it can look through thick vegetation (tree limbs) plus you get 10 more minutes of flight time than you do with the Advance Enterprise and a wider view angle than the radiometric lebw
I'm very familiar with and been using Flir for years. Best 640 lens out there is the vue pro 640 hands down, butt size and not being on a gimbal in its way it's not ideal for a foldable.
There is a video on YouTube from fox optic and it's pretty much the only video on YouTube that tells you how to clean a thermal lens. And he says to use 50/50 alcohol which is wrong you're not supposed to use any alcohol on that lens. Putting alcohol on a thermal lens will remove the mineral that works with the thermal sensor in creating the wavelength for it to read heat signatures. Just use water and a microfiber cloth and that's it. 640 resolution is the highest thermals can get anything higher resolution requires a liquid-cooled processor which are for a larger machines like helicopters and ships. However flir just came out with a high definition 1080 Flir sensor on a board that's not liquid-cooled and it's only 2 mm! Anyways I got a run. Talk to y'all later. Don't buy the Chinese radiometric lens.

Attachments

• IMG_20210506_142756693.jpg
    IMG_20210506_142756693.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20210602_112440_418.jpg
    IMG_20210602_112440_418.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20210602_112442_857.jpg
    IMG_20210602_112442_857.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
That’s correct, it uses a Chinese thermal core so it does not qualify for Made in the USA. Using the non-FLIR core allowed Autel to go radiometric and drop the price.
There's an big difference in 640t and 640 FLIR. Biggest is image quality and contrast plus FLIR has a wider view angle. No buyers remorse over here. I'm glad I don't have a radiometric lens

I don't agree with your review. I have flown both the Evo 2 Dual (Flir Boson 640) and the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced back to back and I did not see " it is not ideal for search and rescue it is very bad quality and contrast," The only thing I agree with you on is that it is a slight fisheyed lens effect on the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced. I also did not find the fisheye lens to cause a lack of depth of perception while flying, but then again I do not fly by FPV.

We use these aircraft in Public Safety and SAR is one of their primary duties. I have found both thermal sensors to offer a superb thermograph.

But the one thing that makes both of these lacking in SAR is the lack of Span. Without span you cannot dial out or in temperatures you want or don't want.

Examples

Evo 2 Dual

IRX_0083.JPG

1622856024820.png

Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced

DJI_0790.JPG

DJI_0788.JPG

Unfortunately I cannot share images that were taken by both of the same target as they were work related. But I will try to obtain some images at the same time and same target for further objective comparisons.
I also do not find radiometrics to be needed for SAR, but for Hazmat I do find it extremely useful, especially if you understand emissivity and reflectivity. But the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced does no let me change parameters "live" so this is set back for that use case.

Just got this from Drone Works - Not sure if it affects this thread???

Dear Supporters,

In order to stay true to Autel Robotics’ commitment to transparency, this notice is to inform you of a few changes coming as a result of the well- documented global chip shortage.
Due to the shortage, we will be unable to produce more of the current version of our EVO II platforms, Smart Controllers, and Live Deck. As a result, we will be releasing a second version of these platforms in the upcoming months. Unfortunately, this means Version 1 aircraft will not work with Version 2 controllers and vice versa, although batteries will remain cross-compatible.
Though brought on by necessity, this change gives us an opportunity to improve on our product. The new version will provide increased transmission stability, significantly enhancing the user experience. It will also enable us to create a more sustainable supply chain so we can continue to get our tools into the hands of those who rely on them.
With this new development in mind, only a limited number of Version 1 Smart Controllers will be manufactured. These will be distributed on a first come, first served basis. If you have any further questions, please reach out to our team at [email protected].
Thank you for your support and understanding. We will do our best to remedy the situation as quickly as possible.

Autel Flir 640 is a one of a kind foldable and is the ultimate search and rescue. I personally use it for scouting out coyotes.
I use mine everyday along with my partners enterprise advanced dual.
If your going to get certified in thermography and do inspections as a courier job then you'll have to get a radiometric lens if you're not going to seek that career path then do not get a radiomatic metric lens.
For both on board is the best lens to have on a drone for anything but inspections.
Radiometric lens I've seen on the Enterprise advance dual and it is not ideal for search and rescue it is very bad quality and contrast, sky and thick vegetation. Radiometric lens display gives a visual fisheye look which ruins your death perception and also you can't cannot tell how far you are from a Target or even the ground.
Flir boson provides both a flat visual screen, depth perception of how far you are from the ground how close you are to a dog or a signature how big the signature is it can look through thick vegetation (tree limbs) plus you get 10 more minutes of flight time than you do with the Advance Enterprise and a wider view angle than the radiometric lebw
I'm very familiar with and been using Flir for years. Best 640 lens out there is the vue pro 640 hands down, butt size and not being on a gimbal in its way it's not ideal for a foldable.
There is a video on YouTube from fox optic and it's pretty much the only video on YouTube that tells you how to clean a thermal lens. And he says to use 50/50 alcohol which is wrong you're not supposed to use any alcohol on that lens. Putting alcohol on a thermal lens will remove the mineral that works with the thermal sensor in creating the wavelength for it to read heat signatures. Just use water and a microfiber cloth and that's it. 640 resolution is the highest thermals can get anything higher resolution requires a liquid-cooled processor which are for a larger machines like helicopters and ships. However flir just came out with a high definition 1080 Flir sensor on a board that's not liquid-cooled and it's only 2 mm! Anyways I got a run. Talk to y'all later. Don't buy the Chinese radiometric lens.
Scouting coyotes? Interesting, for what may I ask?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials