Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT | EVO II Dual 640T

Volatus Drones

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.empiredroneco.com
Empire Drone is pleased to announce the launch of the EVO II Dual 640T, the new generation of the EVO II Thermal Solutions Series. The 640T combines the 8K RGB with Infrared Thermal IR with up to 640x512 at 30hz thermal imagery for incredible detail. The 640T is paired with the EVO II airframe, delivering all the same dynamic performance our customers love in the EVO II Series.

The 640T model provides radiometric technology with temperature modes monitoring real time temperatures, which are captured directly on the remote display. The integrated Infrared Thermal Analysis Tool (IRPC TOOL) enables quick image import and analysis of temperature measurements that will generate detailed thermal reports.

For customers not limited to country of origin, the 640T will be the best solution for full thermal productivity at the attractive price of $6,900 for the Rugged Bundle.
unnamed.jpg

Reactions: Deleted member 6303
Well I guess we can thank DJI for this. But the buyers remorse for those that spent $10K for no radiometry. I know this isn't a FLIR sensor but still.

I really do love competition.

Also I assume that is does not qualify for Made in the USA?

Well I guess we can thank DJI for this. But the buyers remorse for those that spent $10K for no radiometry. I know this isn't a FLIR sensor but still.

I really do love competition.

Also I assume that is does not qualify for Made in the USA?
That’s correct, it uses a Chinese thermal core so it does not qualify for Made in the USA. Using the non-FLIR core allowed Autel to go radiometric and drop the price.

Well that explains the drastic price drop. Not good for the American company Flir though. I wonder if Autel will still manufacture and ship the Flir equipped models so the government or companies can still buy them with the American made product.

Well that explains the drastic price drop. Not good for the American company Flir though. I wonder if Autel will still manufacture and ship the Flir equipped models so the government or companies can still buy them with the American made product.
Great question!

The FLIR model is still available for those needing a Made in America platform. Autel actually has a roadmap to make the FLIR version 100% Made in the US in the near future.

The 640T is for those looking for a radiometric solution and that are not held to made in the US restrictions.

We just got our Autel Evo 2 Dual last month.

And yes I am one of the buyers remorse people! LOL.

For the same price we could of gotten this new 640Tand a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual.

We wanted the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced but since it was not ready to purchase we had to spend money immediately at that moment or risk losing the money. (Long story of municipal finances).

And the Made in the USA had a role to play also as well as the DJI on the entity list.

Reactions: Eagle928
So is there any major difference between the 640t and the flir boson? One being better or worse?

Reactions: Eagle928
So is there any major difference between the 640t and the flir boson? One being better or worse?
I was wondering the same thing. From what I understand the Flir Evo 2 is far better than the Mavic 2 Enterprise thermal. Like 5 times better. There is a new version coming out soon though if my info is correct.

I was wondering the same thing. From what I understand the Flir Evo 2 is far better than the Mavic 2 Enterprise thermal. Like 5 times better. There is a new version coming out soon though if my info is correct.
The Autel Evo 2 Dual in regards to the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual has the much higher resolution thermal camera 640x512 vs 160x120. For Search and Rescue and finding people the Mavic 2 ED is limited to about a 100ft range which is not too helpful. In industry uses such as solar panels and low slope roof inspections the Mavic 2 ED is of questionable use. If flown low you can do either. With roofs it will find the anomalies and with solar you cannot do wiring but it could find string and cell anomalies. But with both use cases you would have to fly low and there are some solar defects it could miss even then. It is not the proper tool.

The new Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced has a 640x512 or 520 thermal just like the Evo 2 Dual and Evo 2 640T. Like the Evo 2 640T it is full radiometric meaning it will give a temperature value. The Evo 2 Dual shows no temperature value whatsoever. Both the Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced and the Evo 2 640T use non-Flir imagers and have their own software for doing postwork on images taken similar to FlirTools (I have watched Youtube videos on the DJI version and from that I thought FlirTools was the better software).

The 640T is a Chinese made iRay thermal camera offering full radiometrics (Temperatures) while the current Flir Boson is non-radiometric and gives no temperature. The Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced uses a Chinese made thermal, I am not sure of who makes it, but it supposed to be the same company that made the thermal in the Matrice 300 RTK HT Quad camera and that camera has plenty of positive reviews on the thermal sensor. Flir has been promising a radiometric version of the Boson for years now, although there are radiometric versions of it out there, and a company named ICI can radiometrically calibrate them, but this is not widely available. Brett Kanda from Flir stated in a webinar that a radiometric Boson was coming Q1 for whatever that's worth.

While I do own a 2 Flir handhelds and own an Anafi Thermal drone, I am not a Flir fanboy. As long as a Chinese made thermal meets the same standards and quality as Flir, I am very happy if this then drops the price of a drone to a more affordable level. At work we use Flir and Bullard and another department uses Seek. I do not see Flir as being a totally superior product to any of those two, and in some regards I like Seek better. IMO FLir asks higher prices because their name says they can.

Empire Drone is pleased to announce the launch of the EVO II Dual 640T, the new generation of the EVO II Thermal Solutions Series. The 640T combines the 8K RGB with Infrared Thermal IR with up to 640x512 at 30hz thermal imagery for incredible detail. The 640T is paired with the EVO II airframe, delivering all the same dynamic performance our customers love in the EVO II Series.

The 640T model provides radiometric technology with temperature modes monitoring real time temperatures, which are captured directly on the remote display. The integrated Infrared Thermal Analysis Tool (IRPC TOOL) enables quick image import and analysis of temperature measurements that will generate detailed thermal reports.

For customers not limited to country of origin, the 640T will be the best solution for full thermal productivity at the attractive price of $6,900 for the Rugged Bundle.
View attachment 9928
Can the camera/thermal camera component be purchased separately from the drone and used with Evo 2s we already own?

Very interested in this. Hopefully price will be reasonable
If it's like the Evo 2 6K and 8K the drone is about $1k with the cameras $600-700 for the 6K and $500-600 for the 8K. Prices can be very different depending on where you look and what comes with the kit/bundle.

If it follows that line of pricing then the new Thermal camera should be around $5900 give or take $100-200.

Reactions: gschulzuio

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials