Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Problems with Autel Explorer in Android tablet...

GeoDrone SRL

Reaction score
Hi guys,

A strange thing, on my Huawei MPad 4Gb RAM android I experience nasty lags in commands related to settings...
For example, I click LOG profile, set contrast -1...nothing happens...I set -2...and goes to -2....I set 0...goes to 0....i set -1 again..nothing happens.
Also when I click Manual Focus, sometimes the focus bar appears, sometime does not...
Also the movement between settings is very delayed...

Any thoughts? I know that AUTEL Team sucks at programming, as the Explorer app is a disaster, but until now was manageable...Now is full of bugs and delays in response...
Last App, last firmware...reinstalled APP, still problems with tablet....also on phone....No other apps in background, plenty of space, >10 GB free space.

Reactions: Claudio NC
I experienced the same issue last night during 2 flights. Autofocus to manual focus lag, video mode to camera mode lag. Would not go into hyperlite on photo mode. Shutter button to engage the camera with lag. I even shut down the program and restarted it and cleared the memory on the tablet and still same issues. Using a Samsung Galaxy tab s6.

It can be affected by the distance to the drone. Most setting changes, particularly those that are camera settings must be communicated to the drone, them acknowledged, then changed, then communicated back to the controller, which with then update the app. To see if this is you issue, try the same changes with the drone very close. If they are snappier then this is what you are dealing with. As to solutions? That is no Autel.

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
It can be affected by the distance to the drone. Most setting changes, particularly those that are camera settings must be communicated to the drone, them acknowledged, then changed, then communicated back to the controller, which with then update the app. To see if this is you issue, try the same changes with the drone very close. If they are snappier then this is what you are dealing with. As to solutions? That is no Autel.
Distance =60 m...

Hi guys,

A strange thing, on my Huawei MPad 4Gb RAM android I experience nasty lags in commands related to settings...
For example, I click LOG profile, set contrast -1...nothing happens...I set -2...and goes to -2....I set 0...goes to 0....i set -1 again..nothing happens.
Also when I click Manual Focus, sometimes the focus bar appears, sometime does not...

Any thoughts? I know that AUTEL Team sucks at programming, as the Explorer app is a disaster, but until now was manageable...Now is full of bugs and delays in response...
Last App, last firmware...reinstalled APP, still problems with tablet....also on phone....No other apps in background, plenty of space, >10 GB free space.
The intermittent missing manual focus bar in Manual Focus also happens on the iOS iPad version of Explorer!

Hi guys,

Autel Explorer v1.1.7.38 malfunctions happened to me too, using Honor 8X Max, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Oppo F3.
But I had the worst using that Honor (Huawei) because during the flights, during the manual RTH, the app was completely disconnected from the Autel EVO II drone. The disconnection was not caused by precarious contacts of the cable, despite this Honor having a USB type micro-B, which is very often less reliable and less stable than the type C.

With this Honor 8X Max the cable hardware was very stable, so it's a software problem and/or incompatibility with this smartphone (web disconnected, without SIM, Airplane mode).

I say this because the same thing happened to me a few days ago piloting a DJI Mavic 2 using this Honor dedicated to this use, as a monitor for drones and nothing else, as for other smartphones.
But this time with a much more serious problem.

During the return to my home there were repeated abnormal disconnections and each time in order to restore the video connection I had to try to unplug and reattach the USB cable and also restart the DJI GO4 app.
For a reason that is unknown to me, after the first disconnection with loss of the video live, the Home of the drone was also reset, so I found myself forced to pilot it manually in a desperate attempt to bring it back home.

Pressing the RC Home button, the Mavic rotated in the opposite direction away from me! I couldn't see it by eye, it was more than 1 km away, I saw it on the screen, when the app was back working, just for few seconds.

Unfortunately, this fact was repeated 5-7 times, without an understandable reason, plus late in the evening with almost black video and every time to restore the video I had to wait tens of seconds with the video connection which then lasted only few seconds then stopping again.

The battery was now very low, minutes of red warnings, before dropping to zero % and losting the drone definitively in a steep forest of a mountain, in an uncertain point because the last GPS position shown on the map is not necessarily the one where it stopped and fell or stuck, indeed it is possible that it made a last short attempt to return to the wrong Home, far from me.
At this point I decided to exclude for ever this Honor from use with drones.

I was able to drive the Autel home, first with the automatic RTH which had worked well on the RC and at the end piloting it in the right small spot of the Home when it was above me, without the live video on the app, during the flight, but not the Mavic 2 because of that unwanted Home reset during the first disconnection!

As regards exclusively Autel and the other two smartphones, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and Poco F3, the anomalies are exactly what you have had, are on both these smartphones, and seem to happen randomly, so not always, often in flight, rarely before the flight (often begining to try to switch from AF to MF) so it's to be sworn that they are caused by an app bug.
However, I have seen that it's possible to solve pretty quickly these functional block of the photographic settings that no longer respond, by closing the app and restarting it automatically by detachment and reattachment of the USB type A connector (RC side).

A bad additional bug actually happened only once to me, out of dozens with no issues, but a bit worrying, using the Poco F3 in which the web connection with SIM card was active.
The app (during the RTH piloting it manually) froze and even the smartphone seemed for some seconds not to respond.
Requested the automatic return on the RC which worked regularly, and with the left stick full down at the same time to descent the drone on a diagonal return, for less battery demand.
Then put the smartphone in Airplane mode and the app resumed working.
Very strange!

I was close to the border with another European country. I'm thinking: could this have been an issue triggered by roaming?

Don't know.

Last edited:
Autel Explorer v1.1.7.38 malfunctions happened to me too, using Honor 8X Max, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Oppo F3.
But I had the worst using that Honor (Huawei) because during the flights, during the manual RTH, the app was completely disconnected from the Autel EVO II drone. The disconnection was not caused by precarious contacts of the cable, despite this Honor having a USB type micro-B, which is very often less reliable and less stable than the type C.

With this Honor 8X Max the cable hardware was very stable, so it's a software problem and/or incompatibility with this smartphone (web disconnected, without SIM, Airplane mode).

I say this because the same thing happened to me a few days ago piloting a DJI Mavic 2 using this Honor dedicated to this use, as a monitor for drones and nothing else, as for other smartphones.
But this time with a much more serious problem.

During the return to my home there were repeated abnormal disconnections and each time in order to restore the video connection I had to try to unplug and reattach the USB cable and also restart the DJI GO4 app.
For a reason that is unknown to me, after the first disconnection with loss of the video live, the Home of the drone was also reset, so I found myself forced to pilot it manually in a desperate attempt to bring it back home.

Pressing the RC Home button, the Mavic rotated in the opposite direction away from me! I couldn't see it by eye, it was more than 1 km away, I saw it on the screen, when the app was back working, just for few seconds.

Unfortunately, this fact was repeated 5-7 times, without an understandable reason, plus late in the evening with almost black video and every time to restore the video I had to wait tens of seconds with the video connection which then lasted only few seconds then stopping again.

The battery was now very low, minutes of red warnings, before dropping to zero % and losting the drone definitively in a steep forest of a mountain, in an uncertain point because the last GPS position shown on the map is not necessarily the one where it stopped and fell or stuck, indeed it is possible that it made a last short attempt to return to the wrong Home, far from me.
At this point I decided to exclude for ever this Honor from use with drones.

I was able to drive the Autel home, first with the automatic RTH which had worked well on the RC and at the end piloting it in the right small spot of the Home when it was above me, without the live video on the app, during the flight, but not the Mavic 2 because of that unwanted Home reset during the first disconnection!

As regards exclusively Autel and the other two smartphones, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ and Poco F3, the anomalies are exactly what you have had, are on both these smartphones, and seem to happen randomly, so not always, often in flight, rarely before the flight (often begining to try to switch from AF to MF) so it's to be sworn that they are caused by an app bug.
However, I have seen that it's possible to solve pretty quickly these functional block of the photographic settings that no longer respond, by closing the app and restarting it automatically by detachment and reattachment of the USB type A connector (RC side).

A bad additional bug actually happened only once to me, out of dozens with no issues, but a bit worrying, using the Poco F3 in which the web connection with SIM card was active.
The app (during the RTH piloting it manually) froze and even the smartphone seemed for some seconds not to respond.
Requested the automatic return on the RC which worked regularly, and with the left stick full down at the same time to descent the drone on a diagonal return, for less battery demand.
Then put the smartphone in Airplane mode and the app resumed working.
Very strange!

I was close to the border with another European country. I'm thinking: could this have been an issue triggered by roaming?

Don't know.
Well, Dji is working on same tablet without issues... At you check the flight log, seems to have IMU or GPS problems...

NEW update on Autel last official Explorer APP and Android 11:
1. The app have serious problems when drone is in the air. Practically becomes unresponsive to any settings from the Menu of control that controls the ISO/Res/MF-AF/PROFILE.... The test was made yesterday, trying to change in LOG profile from AF to MF...and at that moment HELL was loose...All commands related to these settings described were lagging around 15-20 secs in order to do something...the rest of screen was OK, just the commands from down part of screen were affected (The ones with RES, ISO, and so on).
Also the focus was affected, the drone did not responded to Focus, even in AF, like was locked in a MF, but was not shown any MF controls on screen.
2. The restart of app and drone did not fixed it...The lag appeared as soon as I have tried to change Profile mode again.
3. Full reinstall of AUTEL Explorer cr-app was not a solver, as the lag appeared instantly.

I have installed today the Beta version of Explorer, hope to make it work, or else Autel will have a big big problem, as a majority of Android phones migrate to 11 version.

All controls for drone were OK (up-down-left-right), video footage to screen was OK (excepting focus), just this commands from down menu and the focus remained in a complete lag of 20 seconds, impossible to use the drone.

AUTEL, start working !

Reactions: Claudio NC
GeoDrone SRL I found Explorer problems you seem to have described were more manageable after installing v.1.1.7.83 (not required for my V1 but somehow it improved matters). The freezes that happen in the camera menu still occur, but less frequently and don't require a reboot. Usually can be reset in flight by touching the screen to exit a menu instead of the right wheel. I hope they fix this bug-- and kill the zoom function on the right wheel, a new feature which the Beta breaks badly. (I keep an older phone around just to test this stuff out before committing it to my primary Android 11 Pixel 4A 5G.)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller