Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Precision landing: how to let it work right?

lukappaseidue

Reaction score
Hi guys,
one question.
This day I have tested several times the precision landing (activated by app)
Outdoor light was almost good (cloudy but not dark)
I was using 75/85 orange landing pad (with white H)
Armed motors, than assisted auto take off, than slowly up and than far more than 20 meters (and height too)
So, hit RTH, but when the drone was just up my head a WARN appeer on the left of the app ... and somethign about obstacle avoidance disable (i do not well remember)
Than it missed the H for about 2 meters
I tested several times: the percentage of hitting the H was very low
The last time was the worse: because near the H, at about 2 meters high, the PRECISION LANDING message was shown in the app, but the drone move, again, far from the pad
Please help.
Tips?
Regards
Luca

I've tested the precision landing on mine when I received it about 2 weeks ago and had the same problem until I saw someone on YouTube suggest to let in hover at the take off point for 30 -45 seconds then take it a few feet higher and let it sit there for 30-45 seconds before flying it. Every time I have tried this it lands 99% on the take off pad.

It's hit and miss. Some days it is so precise it's a joy to watch it making corrections and land right on, other days it's 50 feet away and I have to manually fly it over to the landing pad, the same orange one with the white H. The obstacle avoidance will turn off when precision landing starts, that's normal. Other times it will often get right over the landing pad, then say it isn't safe to land and I have to force it down. That's not a big issue, but trying to land on the house 50 feet away because it is so wrong is.
I don't know if it is related, but it hasn't hit the mark since the last firmware update. Might just be a coincidence.

Reactions: lukappaseidue
Yes, yes, it is precise. I always manage to make it land in my hand.
It is a little capricious, it hesitates, goes back a little to finally land on my hand.
The main thing is to educate him well. pffff.gif

I've tested the precision landing on mine when I received it about 2 weeks ago and had the same problem until I saw someone on YouTube suggest to let in hover at the take off point for 30 -45 seconds then take it a few feet higher and let it sit there for 30-45 seconds before flying it. Every time I have tried this it lands 99% on the take off pad.
Could you share this video link, please?

I assume you have read this part in the manual and you have it turned on?
"Landing Protection and Accurate Landing can be enabled using the app. Instructions for these functions are available in the App Manual"

Reactions: lukappaseidue
Solved by myself, but thanks you very much for your support.
First I have read the manual.
Here the fix:
Tale off and go up really slow until reach 6 meters High. Stay there some second and then fly as usual.
Tested several times and 100% of succesfully results.

Reactions: claudius62
Solved by myself, but thanks you very much for your support.
First I have read the manual.
Here the fix:
Tale off and go up really slow until reach 6 meters High. Stay there some second and then fly as usual.
Tested several times and 100% of succesfully results.
I do that too, but the last 3 times I flew it was still way off. Sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Yes, yes, it is precise. I always manage to make it land in my hand.
It is a little capricious, it hesitates, goes back a little to finally land on my hand.
The main thing is to educate him well. View attachment 6052
Hi. How do you do that? I am totally new using Evo, but watched tons of videos. I would like to use it for fishing bait dropping purposes, and I would like to launch and land from my hand to avoid sand entering the drone. Thanks for your advise. Greetings from Acapulco, Mexico.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy