Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

PPK in Emlid Studio

nuballawalla

Reaction score
Hello- I flew waypoint missions with my Evo II RTK and now I want to process the data using Emlid Studio.

However, I can't find a .nav file

The Autel data includes the following:
114FTASK_PPKRAW.bin
114FTASK_Rinex.obs

Two questions:
1. What's in the .bin file?
2. Has anyone successfully used PPK in Emlid Studio with an Evo II RTK? If so, please tell me how you did it!

Screen Shot 2023-08-21 at 11.54.00 AM.png

Hello- I flew waypoint missions with my Evo II RTK and now I want to process the data using Emlid Studio.

114FTASK_PPKRAW.bin
114FTASK_Rinex.obs

Two questions:
2. Has anyone successfully used PPK in Emlid Studio with an Evo II RTK? If so, please tell me how you did it!

View attachment 16389
My understanding is:
The hardware is in place to support PPK but the firmware is not written to make it work.
Not sure if the most current release addressed this issue yet.
We are in the process of trying to update Controller and aircraft to the most current releases.

I did read about PPK working on a different model Autel. But, the only way to trigger its proper operation was to start each flight with a cleanly formatted memory card.

There was something about the firmware having a hiccup with file naming, re-naming, or over-writing files already stored on the memory card with the same name.

Last edited:
My understanding is the *.BIN file is the raw data collected in binary format. The *.obs file is a RINEX formatted file of the GNSS data from the EVO II

The Nav files will have to be sourced elsewhere, AFAIK, you only need one set of nav files, so if you are running a base station, you can use that collected *.Nav file.

I have only tried processing PPK with Emlid Studio once and I think it worked OK (been awhile) so maybe I don't recall correctly, but my memory is it was pretty easy to do.

SHG

Reactions: jaja6009

114FTASK_PPKRAW.bin
114FTASK_Rinex.obs

Two questions:

View attachment 16389
My v.2 ent. outputs 2 files for PPK:

101FTASK_Rinex.obs
101FTASK_Timestamp.mrk

The .obs file contains raw gnss logging in rinex format and the .mrk file is the camera positions in gps time. There is no navigation file. But, the navigation file from the base, either CORS or local, is all you need to post process in Emlid Studio.

I suspect you have a v.3 and have slightly different files. Send me a .bin via PM and I'll have a look at it if you want.

I bought an Autel Evo 2 PRO RTK v3 about a year ago. During this time I only used ground control points. At the end of the year I decided to test the missions again to process with ppk. I got errors when running missions that required more than 1 battery.
I found that the error is that the .obs file only writes data to the first battery. After changing the battery and continuing the mission, no more information is recorded in the .obs file. This causes errors in Emlid Studio and RedToolBox that do not process due to lack of records in the file, which only record data from the first flight. The other rinex files record information from all mission flights, I only reported the error in the .obs file.
This week I'm going to do a test, with each battery change, I'm going to delete the .obs file from the memory card, forcing the drone system to create a new file and record the information. Then, during processing, I will combine this information into just one file. I have already reported this error to Autel by email. Let's wait for their response.
Sorry for my English, I'm from Brazil.
Hug to everyone!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34