Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Post Your Photo Of The Day Here

Here is my contribution. This was taken with the EVO II 6K. Believe it or not this was taken at only 355' AGL and ASL. A very low ground fog came in from nowhere in the middle of the flight while I was catching the sunset and turned into the perfect opportunity.

Project-02102021-AP-AboveClouds.jpg

Reactions: Andrzej and Lucifer
Here is my contribution. This was taken with the EVO II 6K. Believe it or not this was taken at only 355' AGL and ASL. A very low ground fog came in from nowhere in the middle of the flight while I was catching the sunset and turned into the perfect opportunity.

View attachment 9769
Sure sure....... otherwise it’s a nice picture

Sure sure....... otherwise it’s a nice picture

It's definitely hard to believe. I'm actually going to make sure to keep the flight logs in case the FAA asks any questions. We do get things like that all the time here in FL though, just not usually something you can climb out of before you hit 400' let alone with the sun setting.

There's also one more trick to drone footage specifically that most people have no idea about.....in the image EXIF data it will tell you exactly how high you were for an image. So I was actually only 317' AGL and ASL.

EXIF-Data.jpg

Last edited:
It's definitely hard to believe. I'm actually going to make sure to keep the flight logs in case the FAA asks any questions. We do get things like that all the time here in FL though, just not usually something you can climb out of before you hit 400' let alone with the sun setting.

There's also one more trick to drone footage specifically that most people have no idea about.....in the image EXIF data it will tell you exactly how high you were for an image. So I was actually only 317' AGL and ASL.

View attachment 9778
Sometimes I’m up 3000m above see level. Then deploy from there . The clouds is way below the take off point.

Reactions: herein2021
My picture of the day...another FL sunset, downtown Tampa in the distance, I aligned the drone to use the shadows from the trees to add interest to the water. I also slightly under exposed the ground to protect the sky but was able to pull back some light on the ground in post processing. The dynamic range of the camera really shines here.

Format: RAW
WB: Daylight
Aperture: F5.6
Shutter: 1/640
ISO: 100

Project-03102021-AP-Sunset.jpg

The picture I posted was a screen grab from one of my videos. I don't shoot in raw or log.
I shoot in manual and expose using the histogram. I don't use any filters I tried them and didn't like the tint I got. I have found that on my setup if I set the camera looking at the screen I will overexpose. I have to set up a little underexposed on the screen then it will look good when i get it home. My settings are Manual. expose using histogram no color correction landscape 1080 @ 60 fps. Sometimes I will mess up and have to bump the exposure in Lightroom one way or the other.
I have tried all the other settings and didn't like all the extra work, after all I am living in a 1080 world why go through all the time it takes to get back to 1080. I do like the Kiss principal.
I really don't like the over saturated phase we all seem to be going through. It seems all the photographs that are published in all the mediums now days have been HDR'ed. Oh well to each his own some people even like Picasso ugh.:rolleyes:
I'm having trouble with the camera settings. When shooting with the camera manual setting, only the upper and right parts of the screen are overexposed. Is this the nature of the camera? Is it an initial failure? Is there a way to set the exposure lower by myself? Please let me know if there is any information that can be improved by Firmware Upgrade.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller