Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Post processing of videos for file size.

mjbok

Reaction score
I don't color grade or adjust my videos (though I do downconvert a version to 1080p for playback in certain devices), but I do send all of my videos through post conversion. This shrinks the file size by a huge factor even while leaving it as 4k. Does anyone else do this?

I realize I probably am losing something by doing this, but to my naked eye they are identical looking.

Do you change compression when post processing?

I honestly don’t know. I use defaults in Handbrake, but keep the resolution the same. Probably, but difference in size is huge. A GoPro 300mb file becomes a 40mb file.

I honestly don’t know. I use defaults in Handbrake, but keep the resolution the same. Probably, but difference in size is huge. A GoPro 300mb file becomes a 40mb file.
When you export in post processing, you are probably changing compression, therefore losing quality and getting a smaller file size. What program do you use?

I have never used that software but just looked it up. When you output your video, make sure you choose the same video encoding you used when you recorded it with your drone. I believe the default the drone uses is H.265. I personally can't use that so I switch to H.264, since my pc is old.

If you are unsure in what format you recorded, in your PC just go to the video properties and under details, you will see in what format it was encoded.

Make sure to keep it in the same for best video quality. I do agree that if you don't own a 4K screen, to take it down to 1080p. Your videos are your own and for uour enjoyment.

I have never used that software but just looked it up. When you output your video, make sure you choose the same video encoding you used when you recorded it with your drone. I believe the default the drone uses is H.265. I personally can't use that so I switch to H.264, since my pc is old.

If you are unsure in what format you recorded, in your PC just go to the video properties and under details, you will see in what format it was encoded.

Make sure to keep it in the same for best video quality. I do agree that if you don't own a 4K screen, to take it down to 1080p. Your videos are your own and for uour enjoyment.

I keep the original 4k footage, but keep a 1080 version on my Plex server for streaming.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials