Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Possible GPS blackout for SE US and Caribbean

PoorMoney

Reaction score
Looks like the military may do some blackouts on the GPS in the Southeast US and Carribean now til the 24th of this month. If this happens...I guess Drones will take a hit as well as cell.

Looks like the military may do some blackouts on the GPS in the Southeast US and Carribean now til the 24th of this month. If this happens...I guess Drones will take a hit as well as cell.
Why they did that?

They have had them the last few years in and around the California coast and I have never seen any one in any of the forums I belong to being effected by it. I still would use caution but really don't expect to see any ptoblems from it.

They have had them the last few years in and around the California coast and I have never seen any one in any of the forums I belong to being effected by it. I still would use caution but really don't expect to see any ptoblems from it.
They may able to get GPS, if I am not mistaking... The Evo and Mavic Pro use different GPS systems. They don't depends only on the American GPS.

I highly doubt any military has the power to turn off GPS from Florida to Puerto Rico, unless they turn off all those satellites, which they won't so. Many ships, planes, etc depend on those.

I highly doubt any military has the power to turn off GPS from Florida to Puerto Rico, unless they turn off all those satellites, which they won't so. Many ships, planes, etc depend on those.
Oh trust me. They do and can. GPS jamming is a thing.

If they are pushing to view who is flying a drone with remote ID and track it...they can surely cut it off.

Modern warfare, my friend.

Oh trust me. They do and can. GPS jamming is a thing.

If they are pushing to view who is flying a drone with remote ID and track it...they can surely cut it off.

Modern warfare, my friend.
GPS jamming is a thing. GPS jamming for over 3,000 miles is not.

GPS jamming is a thing. GPS jamming for over 3,000 miles is not.

Never know what they have developed.

People used to laugh about flying over a century ago. But now look at it today. What used to take months to travel can only take a day or less.

Rockets, sonar, etc.

Never know what they have developed.

People used to laugh about flying over a century ago. But now look at it today. What used to take months to travel can only take a day or less.

Rockets, sonar, etc.
I have a friend that is an engineer for the navy. I will ask him about this. He once told me about if the navy turned on their radar while docked, it is strong enough to cause a blackout on the power grid for 50 miles. From Puerto Rico to Miami is about 1,150 miles. It would take quite a bit of ships to start a jammer all the way.

Reactions: macoman
I have a friend that is an engineer for the navy. I will ask him about this. He once told me about if the navy turned on their radar while docked, it is strong enough to cause a blackout on the power grid for 50 miles. From Puerto Rico to Miami is about 1,150 miles. It would take quite a bit of ships to start a jammer all the way.
Possible, but you have to remember...the Government isn't going to tell you all of their secrets. Your friend can't tell classified things unless he breaches his oath.

And countries are always trying to out do each other with technology. Who knows what they are developing?

The ME262 sure surprised a lot of people as well as the V2 rocket. Point being, they're always trying to making things more powerful than what everyone else has.

Possible, but you have to remember...the Government isn't going to tell you all of their secrets. Your friend can't tell classified things unless he breaches his oath.

And countries are always trying to out do each other with technology. Who knows what they are developing?

The ME262 sure surprised a lot of people as well as the V2 rocket. Point being, they're always trying to making things more powerful than what everyone else has.
I read into the NOTAM established in these excersices. It will only affect manned aircraft and in close proximity to the excersice area in South East Florida.

Reactions: PoorMoney

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials