Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Planting time

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to get a few pics while we were planting today. This is straight from the camera with a neewer nd8/PL filter. Probably about 50+/- feet above, but it was kinda hard to tell cause the app said it was about 10-15 feet, and I was uphill from where the tractor was.
4b8ab3ce850379527cce58026044c5db-01.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice picture. My app will say zero feet, but it's more like 20 feet.

Cool. Did you have it on follow me? What part of the country where you have begun planting?
Thanks!
I didn't have it on follow-me, couldn't figure out how to make it follow something besides me at the time. We are in south central TN. This is the last field of corn to plant, then we will start planting soybeans.

Thanks!
I didn't have it on follow-me, couldn't figure out how to make it follow something besides me at the time. We are in south central TN. This is the last field of corn to plant, then we will start planting soybeans.

That's cool! Looks like you did a good job following you. With the follow me you would have to have the controller with you in the tractor and it should work.

Since you farm, what would be a neat experiment would be setting up rows of waypoints parallel to the furrows and saving the waypoints to create a time lapse of the corn growing. You would have to execute the autonomous flights with the sun at the same angle for each day or for each week that you did it.;)

That's cool! Looks like you did a good job following you. With the follow me you would have to have the controller with you in the tractor and it should work.

Since you farm, what would be a neat experiment would be setting up rows of waypoints parallel to the furrows and saving the waypoints to create a time lapse of the corn growing. You would have to execute the autonomous flights with the sun at the same angle for each day or for each week that you did it.;)

I wasn't in the tractor at the time, was probably about 1500-2000 ft away from it most of the time.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials