Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Plane image on our LCD top left or rt of the screen to show the direction of the Drone as oppose to our Remote !

VdoMemories

Reaction score
Had a talk with Autel Customer support for a need to have a Plane image on our LCD top left or rt of the screen to show the direction of the Drone as oppose to our Remote !
I was flying very close to a tree and when I tried to move further away instead it moved closer !
To avoid this illusion the next newer firmware hopefully will have an image of a plane to show in Realtime so as to avoid further mistakes ! ! **--** Here is yet another feature that would help being able to shoot upwards 90* by being able to
fly the drone at 45* angle so we can shoot pictures and video at 90* upwards
angle and gimble at 30* upwards to make it 90* Without having the propellers show up in the video or pictures !

Last edited:
Reactions: Sjs
Had a talk with Autel Customer support for a need to have a Plane image on our LCD top left or rt of the screen to show the direction of the Drone as oppose to our Remote !
I was flying very close to a tree and when I tried to move further away instead it moved closer !
To avoid this illusion the next newer firmware hopefully will have an image of a plane to show in Realtime so as to avoid further mistakes ! !
easy. just move left or right instead and then you'll be able to tell right away. ;)

Reactions: G_G
Greetings Ken, I like that idea, thank you.
I was right below the drone some 20 feet and had my EVO 2 Pro back towards the tree but close, when I wanted to move away after the picture the drone being close to the tree branches. It happened the drone instead of flying away went even closer to the tree branches. Having a small " Plane " image on top left or Right of the screen with reference to the Remote control would definitely have helped the situation ! ! Hopefully this will show up in the next firmware up date !
Once that feature is incorporated all one needs to do is turn with the Remote till the plane image is aligned with the Remote control direction and Fly away any which way you want , no mistakes what so ever ! !

Have reposted this highly effective video that you may find useful...

Visual Flight Training

I do understand the value in your suggestion. The Yuneec lineup has a very similar tool to what you describe above... called the Green Arrow.

However you do have a tool in the Autel explorer app available to you now. It's not as foolproof as your suggested plane image. When you are flying, you always have the distance of the aircraft from the controller, displayed at the top of the screen.

It may not work in close quarters, however if you push the right stick in one direction and the distance increases, the aircraft is moving away from you... if it decreases, the aircraft is moving toward you. Like the technique above, it should only take a few direction changes, to determine how the aircraft is reacting to your stick inputs.

To avoid this illusion the next newer firmware hopefully will have an image of a plane to show in Realtime so as to avoid further mistakes ! !
You could look at the yellow and red curved bands on the screen showing the position of the tree relative to the drone (assuming Obstacle Avoidance is ON). If the yellow or red bsnf is on the right side of the screen, move left. If there are no colored bands, you're not dangerously close to anything. The only danger is that the OA system isn't vary good an sensing hazards at 45-deg angles. Am I understanding your question correctly?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller