Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Pinnacle Peak, Arizona

HiloHawaiian

Reaction score
I use Pinnacle Peak to find my way home, it's 5 miles south of the house -- a really unique peak from all the rest. So, I thought I'd fly up there...but... You can't get anywhere near it because it's a gated community for bazillionares. Look at the castles around the golf course. I found a dirt road, getting me much closer, flew my XSP 1.3 miles each way to the peak. I stayed up at 1200' a bit too far away from the mountains unintentionally, I was so into the shoot I didn't notice until I heard a small plane and came down at warp 10... I gotta watch that...

Last edited:
I use Pinnacle Peak to find my way home, it's 5 miles south of the house -- a really unique peak from all the rest. So, I thought I'd fly up there...but... You can't get anywhere near it because it's a gated community for bazillionares. Look at the castles around the golf course. I found a dirt road, getting me much closer, flew my XSP 1.3 miles each way to the peak. I stayed up ay 1200' a bit too far away from the mountains unintentionally, I was so into the shoot I didn't notice until I heard a small plane and came down at warp 10... I gotta watch that...

I have been waiting ffor one of your desert videos you made the wait worthwhile. Very nice.

Very nice. I've actually appraised houses in that area. Drove by it a gazillion times too.

Last edited:
Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Thanks, that’s actually 5 days of flights since my window is only 30 min or so before sundown. I’m trying to do as much as I can before the spring snake egg hatch. Then, I’ll be flying from inside my car like rkyleh...
:)

Attachments

• 45033.jpg
    45033.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 1
;) I’m looking st the pvc leg-gurads, but my foot would be kinda exposed...

They generally strike about six inches high or higher so your toes might be alright. Did i tell you I hold the unofficial record for the standing broad jump.
a Mojave green buzzed in a bush i was standing by. That's not good for an old mans heart either.

I use Pinnacle Peak to find my way home, it's 5 miles south of the house -- a really unique peak from all the rest. So, I thought I'd fly up there...but... You can't get anywhere near it because it's a gated community for bazillionares. Look at the castles around the golf course. I found a dirt road, getting me much closer, flew my XSP 1.3 miles each way to the peak. I stayed up at 1200' a bit too far away from the mountains unintentionally, I was so into the shoot I didn't notice until I heard a small plane and came down at warp 10... I gotta watch that...

That was fantastic footage. I went to grad school in Glendale in 1965 and the old steak house was on a dirt road and way out of town. How things have changed.
Bill Dunnuck

That was fantastic footage. I went to grad school in Glendale in 1965 and the old steak house was on a dirt road and way out of town. How things have changed.
Bill Dunnuck
TY, I’ve read the the greater Phoenix area is in the top 3 in terms of growth, but it’s truly astonishing — so many folks fleeing the chaos and incredible expense of California. Especially on the western Glendale/Peoria/Suprise side of the valley. Home construction is everywhere, it makes me wonder where the water will come from...

Reactions: Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JP51