Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Arizona Desert Snowstorm 2/ 22-23 /2019

HiloHawaiian

Reaction score
I threw this together pretty quickly. Part one is near Pinnacle Peak. There was a small craft advisory (weather, not wind), so I knew I could fly higher in safety. What I didn't plan on was the snowfall getting heavy so quickly. 33mph got it back fast from 1500', a mile away. This XSP has endured Hawaiian rain, now AZ snow. The 2nd part was taken the next day in Tonto Hills, AZ, where I go to fly a lot. A gated community without a gate -- palatial houses from $2 to 10M, with incredible infinity views -- I'll do a vid from there at some point!

Great video. Ya done well in your sandals ;)
I was going to fly today when the weather site said "Today is forecast to be WARMER than yesterday."
Its 3F right now so I really don't care if its warmer, this old guy is staying inside for now. LOL

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Great video. Ya done well in your sandals ;)
I was going to fly to when the weather site said "Today is forecast to be WARMER than yesterday."
Its 3F right now so I really don't care if its warmer, this old guy is staying inside for now. LOL
OMG I can’t imagine. The 1st part of the vid, the wind chill was in the teens, I was miserable. We went from 2 weeks of rain/sleet/hail/snow in the 20-30-40’s to suddenly 70F. All that snow was gone in 3 days....

So what happens to the rattlesnakes when it snows like that? Do they just hunker down and wait it out or do they actually move around on the snow covered ground looking for food?

So what happens to the rattlesnakes when it snows like that? Do they just hunker down and wait it out or do they actually move around on the snow covered ground looking for food?
The general rules (told to me by the snake expert that helped me with my snake fence) — if it’s nice outside for you, it’s nice outside for them. If you’re cold, they’re cold. I can put on a jacket, they can’t. They stay hunkered down in their nest, usually an abandoned hole dug by another creature, and sleep it off in between laying eggs. Pretty soon it’ll be warm enough for them to hatch. When that happens, you need to be careful for a few months, b/c adolescent snakes are harder to see, and just bite anything since they haven’t learned the ropes (hiding is better than biting something that could kill you), LOL

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Gotta love our XSP's, they fly well, film well & just a great ship, nice video man!!!

Like HiloHawaiian, I'll be hanging onto my now aging (ha) XSP until it falls apart from old age - like me. I'm still as amazed and dazed by what it can do today, as I was when it first arrived.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dave.Samuel