Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Photos while shooting video?

JDFester

Reaction score
Is this possible and/or recommended?

I gave it a try, but the results were a bit strange: if I pressed the photo button while shooting video, my video feed went black and I was flying blind as far as the camera. (Telemetry/avionics data still displayed, but video feed black.) It appeared that I could continue to snap photos, but then the only way to get the video back on my tablet was to press the video button to stop video, and then press it again to start, at which point the video came back slowly, starting as a green screen and then fading to normal video over 3-4 seconds.

Once I landed and checked the files on the SD card, it appears the video stopped as soon as I took the first still photo, which looked normal, and all subsequent photos showed heavy VI: half or more of the image looked like "snow" on an old TV tuned to a non existent channel with bands of the photo showing. Then the next video would start solid green and fade up as I had seen on the tablet.

From reading these forums, my first experiment will be to reformat the card and try again, but I was just wondering if others may have had a similar experience?

Unless I am missing something, that option of taking photos while taking a video is not available anymore. From what I was told it worked in a very early release of the Starlink App but Autel discontinued it in the newer Apps.

Reactions: TAMU1996
Agree with Agustine - that was changed in the last app update.

Getting screenshots from video in my editor is a breeze. I use VSDC but others probably most do that. Often I don't even worry about getting photos while flying, unless I want to use AEB.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials