Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Photogrammetry options for a beginner?

The guy in that video above has some great tutorials.
He ran several missions to get one model, dense grid, opposite directions, orbits at multiple altitudes and even ground DSLR pics to fill in the details.

700+ photos.

So I see that there's a lot that goes into it.

Any idea why my Evo stopped taking photos before the mission ended? Am I missing a setting somewhere?

If you want a highly detailed, realistically looking 3D rendering. There is a lot of work involved. For contruction a criss cross pattern does the job with a .1m margin of error if you don't have RTK drone, which is acceptable.

Thanks. I'm going to try a smaller area with more detail and see how that works.

Okay, so now I know why I thought I only had 120 pics. It maxes out at 120 then creates a new folder.
Unfortunately starts the names back at MAX_001.

Gonna have to rename all those. Joy. Could use a batch file renamer.

Don't have to. When you select the photos in the metashape, you can choose various folders with photos of the same name.

Reactions: Tufargon
Good to know. I used Bulk Rename.
Much bigger difference in processing time now that it has all the photos. ?

When I switched batteries to run the second mission I forgot to angle the camera down. So I got several hundred shots of the horizon. :)

If I run that second mission today, and combine it with the first mission from yesterday, will it work?

• Haha
Reactions: Ansia
I wanted to share the fix for my issue where the Mission app wasn't finding my phone's GPS.
Autel told me to go into the Explorer app settings and find A Maps. They said it should be off, but if it is already off, toggle it on and back off.

That worked immediately.

Reactions: Tufargon
Do you know how to measure area with Agisoft? I'm still waiting for them to approve my forum access.
Help file says to right-click on polygon and choose Measure and it will show the area. But it only shows the vertex locations and the perimeter, no area.

My friend wants me to come over to his farm this Friday and shoot an ortho, then help him define some measurements.

Do you know how to measure area with Agisoft? I'm still waiting for them to approve my forum access.
Help file says to right-click on polygon and choose Measure and it will show the area. But it only shows the vertex locations and the perimeter, no area.

My friend wants me to come over to his farm this Friday and shoot an ortho, then help him define some measurements.
I've also had this problems from time to time. What I do is take the ruler and do the calculations myself.

I got it. I hadn't built the DEM. After I did that I was able to get area measurements.
Very cool.

I didn't realize you could expand Chunk on the left and see which models have been built.

Interesting...the whole project thinks the altitude was 300 meters when it was actually 112 feet.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials