Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Photogrammetry options for a beginner?

MitchNC

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest free options for getting started playing around with photogrammetry now that we can run missions with the Evo?

Most of them will give you a trial period that limits some pro options. I have never found that I needed pro options. Most of those option just slow down your computer.
These programs are not cheap if you went to buy them so make sure you really want to get into this stuff ;)

I do use these apps to measure quantity, volumes, etc. So my company needs the pro version of the software. If you are interested to do pretty 3D renderings, then the basic version will do you good.

I just went through the 3DFlow Zephyr Lite tutorial. Amazing software.
I wonder if the 500 photo limit of the lite version is that much of a limitation.
The tutorial only uses 65 images and the resulting model is pretty incredible.

Yeah, I need to get out and fly today. :)

Reactions: Ansia
I was looking forward to flying a mission today but the Explorer Mission app shows my location somewhere I don't recognize. Can't even find a familiar landmark.

I was looking forward to flying a mission today but the Explorer Mission app shows my location somewhere I don't recognize. Can't even find a familiar landmark.
When you try to create your mission. Is the drone connected and turned on? If not, the gps on your phone usually isn't very good.

No I was doing this without the drone because I just watched the Autel video.
I'll try it again tomorrow with the drone turned on.

No I was doing this without the drone because I just watched the Autel video.
I'll try it again tomorrow with the drone turned on.
You can do the mission planning without the drone on. Even if the phone has no idea where it is, when the app uploads the coordinates, they upload correctly. With the drone on and eith gps lock, it should make it a lot easier, if you don't know where you are.

Ok, thanks. I was just worried about it freaking out and flying away if it was confused.

I took the drone out and in GPS mode the Mission Planner still thinks I'm a half mile away, so I'm not comfortable using it.

Camera mode has my correct location, so I'm not sure why two functions within the same software aren't getting the same location.

Disappointed.

metashape app.

in the past, we had to create height maps with the tangent 90 degrees. and ariel photo to match. the height maps re-created by separate cameras and software which would run concurrently. the military today must have amazing apps probably blow any civy app out the water. if you realise the 3D extrusion and mapping down in one fly over. incredible

Reactions: Ansia
Thanks, I'm downloading the demo now.

Does the Evo have a limit of photos taken in a Mission?
If you look at the picture you can see that it stops about one third of the way into the fourth leg of the mission.
I'm 100% positive that it came all the way back to the end point, because that's where I was standing. When it finished, it hovered and I landed it.

It took exactly 120 photos. Seems to be quite a round number.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 4
Thanks, I'm downloading the demo now.

Does the Evo have a limit of photos taken in a Mission?
If you look at the picture you can see that it stops about one third of the way into the fourth leg of the mission.
I'm 100% positive that it came all the way back to the end point, because that's where I was standing. When it finished, it hovered and I landed it.

It took exactly 120 photos. Seems to be quite a round number.
I've done missions with 250+ photos. Largest I've done is one of 1700 photos, but that wasn't with an Evo.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller