Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

phone for display

REC

Reaction score
I am fine with my stock display most of the time but was thinking of maybe getting a refurb android phone without cell service just to use as a display. Is this a good or bad idea. If good, what is the largest android phone that will fit into the stock controller phone holder? Looking for cheaper if they display is still clear. I am an iphone user so am not familiar with android stuff. I assume i can use it on wifi like an iphone and download the app.
Thoughts?

I recently upgraded from a Samsung Note 5 to a Galaxy 10+ so I cleaned out all the apps, paused all the ones I could and deleted anything else that I didn't need freeing up lots of memory on the Note.
Downloaded the Autel Application on the Note and it's a perfect working 1080 screen and with wi-fi everywhere it keeps me and my EVO connected to the internet while flying.
20191114_130527.jpg

Reactions: Tufargon and Ansia
The GPS can come from the controller, right? Cause it gets GPS without any phone i think.
Not clear yet on how everything works with other components.
I was thinking it all works without a phone attached so I was hoping I could just use the phone to communicate with the controller and through the controller to the Evo itself.
Thus enhancing the control of the drone and getting a nicer screen.

Yes. You can fly without any connectivity besides the usb cable to RC. That's actually how I fly so I don't get bothered by text messages, phone calls or any kind of updates to apps etc...
GPS is from the drone, not your phone.

Reactions: Ansia
I can also make my 10+ a wi-fi hub to connect the display phone or NFC connect them which is more secure.

The controller does not have GPS. It's the drone who has one and sets home point when taking off. If you have a cellphone attached to your controller, you can use the built in GPS to change home point at a later time. Most cellphones come with A-GPS, so make sure you get the right coordinates when you change home point, since A-GPS isn't very accurate compared to a dedicated GPS like the drone has.

Reactions: REC and FDS Pilot

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramipazhar