Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Over and Under an Old Railroad Bridge in Oregon

Started raining the moment I got in the air, so I made quick work of it! I hope you enjoy.
Drove through Mill City several times.
I always see the bridges from the highway.
You did an excellent job!

I'll have to confess I like Litchi's way point system better than the evos, but I did find something kind of cool. When going in a straight line between two points, if you set the heading to free control you can yaw (rotate) while flying in a straight line and use it kind of like a point of interest of sorts.

Reactions: UnRanged
if you don't want to watch the whole thing you can skip ahead to 2 minutes to kind of get an idea what I'm talking about. In this case I used it more like a pan while flying but you still maintain a straight heading which I thought was really cool.

Reactions: UnRanged and Goober
I have to say that took some guts to fly under the bridges :)
Magnetic interference is a real possibility under steal structures. I have seen personally one of my UAV's just take off in a different direction because of flying near a bridge. I use caution anytime I fly near them. ;)

I have to say that took some guts to fly under the bridges :)
Magnetic interference is a real possibility under steal structures. I have seen personally one of my UAV's just take off in a different direction because of flying near a bridge. I use caution anytime I fly near them. ;)
While flying on the footbridge about 4 feet up from walkway, there was a lot of magnetic interference and the drone halted and hesitated...I cut that footage out though.

Nice flying! I would never fly down or under a metal bridge in an XSP. Like others, I’ve had it start flying erratically in that kinda situation.... Maybe the Evo is less susceptible to magnetic interference??

Nice flying! I would never fly down or under a metal bridge in an XSP. Like others, I’ve had it start flying erratically in that kinda situation.... Maybe the Evo is less susceptible to magnetic interference??
Thank you. The Evo halted and hesitated when flying on the bridge about 5 feet above the deck surface. It was basically inside a giant metal cage at that point and sort of hesitated or slowed and almost stopped a couple times. But i edited that footage out. Going under bridges was no problem.

Thank you. The Evo halted and hesitated when flying on the bridge about 5 feet above the deck surface. It was basically inside a giant metal cage at that point and sort of hesitated or slowed and almost stopped a couple times. But i edited that footage out. Going under bridges was no problem.

I would question if the magnetic interference was causing your problems with it hesitating/slowing or almost stopping. I would think this to be more the FOA sensors acting up. Or do you fly with FOA off?

I have not heard about many "fly aways" with the Evo - but would suspect something like this, before I'd think the drone just wouldn't move at all -- because of the interference.

I would question if the magnetic interference was causing your problems with it hesitating/slowing or almost stopping. I would think this to be more the FOA sensors acting up. Or do you fly with FOA off?

I have not heard about many "fly aways" with the Evo - but would suspect something like this, before I'd think the drone just wouldn't move at all -- because of the interference.
Hmmm. I am not 100% sure of the cause of the hesitancy. It has never done it before but I have never flown it within so much steel. I have flown it between trees in similar fashion and never had a problem. I did have obstacle avoidance on but there was no indication that was the cause (there was nothing in front of it and screen did not display the red colored 'radar' bar on screen. But I did get a couple of magnetic interference warnings while I was flying slowly in a straight line within the cage of the smaller bridge, so I assumed that was it due to all the steel, but who knows.

Hmmm. I am not 100% sure of the cause of the hesitancy. It has never done it before but I have never flown it within so much steel. I have flown it between trees in similar fashion and never had a problem. I did have obstacle avoidance on but there was no indication that was the cause (there was nothing in front of it and screen did not display the red colored 'radar' bar on screen. But I did get a couple of magnetic interference warnings while I was flying slowly in a straight line within the cage of the smaller bridge, so I assumed that was it due to all the steel, but who knows.

No doubt it could have been messing with the compass for sure.

The reason I mention FOA -- some of us have complained more than once -- FOA is causing problems in free air -- usually in windy conditions... Sometimes it will show on your screen like an obstacle -- but often times it will not. But something is definitely hitting the sensor and kicking it in on these occasions -- slowing the Evo down.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smaxfieldapi