Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Orbit mode speed and other testing

noidsr

Reaction score
Hi there, recently I tested some intelligent flight modes to see how it is different from DJI mavic. Overall I would say I had a better experience with DJI but I still believe in Autel, their drone has a huge potential, just maybe next firmware will bring more improvements. Tracking definitely needs some work to improve flight precision. It seems that drone was strugling to hold on locked object and was loosing it frequently. Orbiting is also something was missing. I could not find how to increase or decrease speed while orbiting. Does anyone have the same issue not able to change orbiting speed? I am on android and tried on iphone with the same results. Dynamic orbiting is good but in a bit windy day drone drifted away from the selected object not keeping in the center anymore.
Camera (6K) is amazing. So this is what stands out. Thanks.

Reactions: Deleted member 6303
I had the same speed issue - took off like a rocket and had to use the stick too slow down. needs some attention. Couldn't locate a setting for speed - DJI orbit is better and I hate saying that truly. Maybe its us and someone else knows where to locate the speed?? Gents? Autel?

Good to know others have the same issue so I did not miss anything. Yes, Autel definitely needs some tweaking here and there. Strange that they missed that speed change option in orbiting. Such an important setting. At least they would have selected a lower speed as now it is truly not a cinematic speed. Dynamic orbiting also not reliable with this lock on object shifting and drifting away. So the work around is manual flying :).
Also noticed filming at night and sending drone back home with RTH landing could be off by several meters. Even though I had a lit landing pad and drone turned lights on and still missed the pad on landing. Although several times it was closer to the target but still was not precise. I loved my older mavic pro. It handled navigation very well even at night. I am sure Autel is working on those issues so we just need to be patient.

Reactions: Deleted member 6303
love this autel but if it doesn't have anything to do with the camera or missions, I'm probably not using it. everything else that means something goes to dji and skydio unfortunately. I know it's not related but I'm hoping the smart controller and super bright screen highlights everything that I have been overlooking because it really seems like a great drone packed full of features.

Wow never saw this - let me watch - thank you! Got pretty good at it in manual old fashion stick way!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials