Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Orbit Mode Failing

Len

Reaction score
I noticed that my EVO II Pro fails to start orbit mode 9 times out of 10. Everything is set within limits (green) but when I push A button to start orbit I get error message (I must admit I forgot what it says, something about unable to engage oribt). Someone told me that that's because Autel restricts distance from take off location at which you can use this mode. That seems like what I observe as I tried using it about a mile away... But I can't find any information about this restriction. Can someone clarify?

I have the same issue. I tried locking onto a target 500 feet away and it loses the lock on the target when I push the start button.

I think they might've fixed in latest app. I just few yesterday and had zero issues with orbit mode...

I noticed that my EVO II Pro fails to start orbit mode 9 times out of 10. Everything is set within limits (green) but when I push A button to start orbit I get error message (I must admit I forgot what it says, something about unable to engage oribt). Someone told me that that's because Autel restricts distance from take off location at which you can use this mode. That seems like what I observe as I tried using it about a mile away... But I can't find any information about this restriction. Can someone clarify?
I could not engage orbit unless I was at a "minimum" altitude. I can remember what it was, but it won't do it if you're too low. I also had to be 35ft from the center of the object. I would just fly over the object, camera facing down and center myself. Press the A button, then set angle of camera, around 45 degrees. Then move straight out from the object 35-40ft minimum. Then using onscreen button, engage the orbit. If you try to adjust height or distance, the orbit mode will "pause" I believe.

You can still "re-engage" the orbit after you've made adjustments

Reactions: Len
When I was having issues I was way above that. Usually 200-300 ft... It might have been Explorer glitch, as I mentioned after latest updated I did few orbits and it never complained...

Maybe I spoke too soon. It started happening again. I can no longer do any manual orbits when drone is far. Just tried orbiting lighthouse today and got some cryptic "0-500" message error. This is really bad idea to limit these :(

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy