Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Orbit/follow

Old Bama Dude

Reaction score
All of you may already know this but, it's kinda cool anyway. If you select orbit, then set yourself as the point of interest and start walking, I guess you could say orbit, then becomes orbit and follow, but when you get on that JD zero turn, it can't quite make that circle cuz you're going too fast. I didn't think to speed up the orbit.
orbit&follow.wmv

How do you make yourself POI Bama.?

Also, i note that you have made plenty of clearance over the trees !

Regards,

Cider Boy

OBD really is not the point of interest. It is the controller he has in his hands. Unlike the way DJI point of interest works where you pick your subject and it will follow them and not the controller.

OBD really is not the point of interest. It is the controller he has in his hands. Unlike the way DJI point of interest works where you pick your subject and it will follow them and not the controller.
Exactly, it's actually following the controller, but in the Starlink app, when you select orbit, you can select, Aircraft, Me, or you can select some point on the map. I wish they would do another Starlink app update and give us that "tracking" feature, where you draw a rectangle around yourself and the camera will follow your movements, and also the one where you can make the camera face upward.

So, .. . sorry to be dumb and to clarify.

I just select Orbit and them ‘Me’ to do the same ?

Regards,

C. B.

Yes, and as long as you just stand there it will orbit around you, (or actually the controller) but if you're walking with the controller, it will follow and orbit.

Last edited:
Reactions: KentA and Squirrel!
All of you may already know this but, it's kinda cool anyway. If you select orbit, then set yourself as the point of interest and start walking, I guess you could say orbit, then becomes orbit and follow, but when you get on that JD zero turn, it can't quite make that circle cuz you're going too fast. I didn't think to speed up the orbit.
orbit&follow.wmv
That is pretty cool! I just discovered this "follow" ability of orbit today myself. In fact, I like it better than follow mode, unless I am moving quicker I guess.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials