Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

ON1 Photo RAW, best alternative to Lightroom and Photoshop?

VicVideoPic

Reaction score
On1 Photo RAW, the perfect solution for all my needs in terms of photo editing as well as photo and video management.
A better solution and a much cheaper alternative to Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop

On1 Photo RAW, the perfect solution for all my needs in terms of photo editing as well as photo and video management.
A better solution and a much cheaper alternative to Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop

Nice video, thanks for sharing. About once a year I get completely fed up with paying the Adobe fees and look for viable Lightroom and PS alternatives; each year I conclude nothing comes close and stick with LR and PS. I am also quite thankful that I was able to replace Premier Pro with Davinci Resolve, but have yet to find a real replacement for Lightroom + PS.

I have tried ON1 RAW a few times and simply did not find it would work for me. The performance was terrible (up to 60 seconds to load a single raw image), I did not find an easy way to synch adjustments from a source image to thousands of other images at once, and the interface just wasn't as intuitive or user friendly as Lightroom. I also occasionally need to do some advanced editing in PS and since I don't do some of the specialized editing very often I lookup the process on YouTube or the Internet where there is a huge community based support structure in place.

I shoot large events and frequently need to turn around hundreds or thousands of images within 12hrs to include RAW processing, sorting, tagging, multiple aspect ratios, and final delivery; my current software workflow includes Paint.Net, FastStone, Lightroom, and PhotoShop....ON1 RAW isn't even an option to me due to the performance issues alone. I imagine I could learn the new ways to do things in ON1 RAW, but at least the last time I tested it, it would drastically slow down my workflow; and for those times I need to use PS, its for high paying commercial jobs where I need specialized tools that are in PS to get the job done; not saying ON1 RAW couldn't do it, but to me its not worth the risk.

I may try ON1 RAW again now that a new version is out, but if it takes more than 30s to load a single RAW file its not even a viable consideration for me.

Take a look at Topaz Labs which another excellent editing software at very reasonable price. I stopped using PS as soon as they went the monthly Ransom route. I have my old PS 6 as well as Topaz and ON1 RAW, all very good programmes.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy