Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

On the Go bag setup

I did the same thing but bought the larger Apache case called the 4800. It was only a few bucks more. I wanted to use the same cutout of foam that my Evo was packed in. The nice thing about this larger case is that it fits the height or depth of the original foam packaging perfectly. It also accommodates my circular folded launch pad. Yes it's a little bigger and heavier but it accommodates everything with room to spare.

My only concern is heat. It's all black and on 100+ degree weather, it's concerning.
Paint it white

5 Batteries, charger, Evo, Remote, The whole package.. all comfortably fits in my factory autel bag!

Attachments

• AB2F90FF-422E-40E8-9564-DB0ABA25A659.jpeg
    AB2F90FF-422E-40E8-9564-DB0ABA25A659.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28
I couldn't help myself, I bought the Autel hard case and love it! You can pull the top portion out and it will hold a tablet, props, extra cords, etc. It's lockable, military grade so it's waterproof which will serve me well some of the places I will be going once the snow clears. Only thing I need that I can't fit it is the landing pad.

I did the same! It will be here Monday. I'm sure I can still make good use of the two Rugged Bundle bag's though.

5 Batteries, charger, Evo, Remote, The whole package.. all comfortably fits in my factory autel bag!
Same here! The key is putting the aircraft in gimbal side down, with the legs facing the outside of the bag, which puts the highest part in the center of the bag. That way, the longer legs don't catch, and the gimbal is protected on the bottom, safely leaving room for the controller on the other side and the extra batteries. Easy to check the battery level this way, too, without pulling the aircraft out!

Same here! The key is putting the aircraft in gimbal side down, with the legs facing the outside of the bag, which puts the highest part in the center of the bag. That way, the longer legs don't catch, and the gimbal is protected on the bottom, safely leaving room for the controller on the other side and the extra batteries. Easy to check the battery level this way, too, without pulling the aircraft out!
What about the controller joysticks? They are hold by a spring that will create memory if you store it for a long time with one of thr joysticks turned in any direction.

Get someone to 3D print one of these for the EVO controller

Reactions: LA.Lawyer
Get someone to 3D print one of these for the EVO controller

I must not have the right friends, because I don't know anyone that has a 3D printer. ?

Give Johnny from DirtyJ a email and ask if he can make one for the EVO. I know he had plans for tablet holders and not sure how far he got with that. He might just need some measurements.

Reactions: Ansia
What about the controller joysticks? They are hold by a spring that will create memory if you store it for a long time with one of thr joysticks turned in any direction.
If Autel made the sticks removable, like DJI did on the Mavic 2, and storable within the RC itself, it wouldn't even be an issue. However, my EVO controller is never in the case long enough to cause an issue, and the sticks don't seem to have any pressure on them anyway in my EVO shoulder bag, especially with the phone holder folded down, acting as the high point. YMMV.

I went the Apache 3800 case route ($29 w/ coupon) -- for the Evo, batteries, controller, Android phone, and controller cable. I hate the foam and will probably buy some and re-do it.

I keep a few loose pieces of the foam just in case I see something that needs a little extra cushion. I threw a few silica packs in the bottom the of case for moisture and if out in the heat. will think about opening the pressure valve on it. Just have to remember to close it to make it seal again.

I use the bag for the parts and accessories. Kind of like the "doc's bag"... lol

It has the charger, props, and cleaning cloth, and stashing my SD cards in it for now. I am assuming this is where I will stash my lens filters when I order them. And who knows... maybe a vehicle charger if it were to get to that.

Not bad for a first time attempt at a project like this??

Reactions: G_G and Ansia
I am just joking here - but I did have a thought -- lol This defibrillator matches the EVO -- so I could put it in my "On the Go" bag I refer to as the "Doc's Bag" --

And not making fun of the next images I found -- as it may be true - who knows - it's the Internet and I think it was a prototype at the time...

...this would be me in the event my Evo were shot down or otherwise lost and gone forever... lol I admit - I had to laugh at that drone... sorry...

I am just joking here - but I did have a thought -- lol This defibrillator matches the EVO -- so I could put it in my "On the Go" bag I refer to as the "Doc's Bag" --

View attachment 3788

And not making fun of the next images I found -- as it may be true - who knows - it's the Internet and I think it was a prototype at the time...

...this would be me in the event my Evo were shot down or otherwise lost and gone forever... lol I admit - I had to laugh at that drone... sorry...

View attachment 3789

You mean to tell me there were no defribilators in that public building?

I went the Apache 3800 case route ($29 w/ coupon) -- for the Evo, batteries, controller, Android phone, and controller cable. I hate the foam and will probably buy some and re-do it.

I keep a few loose pieces of the foam just in case I see something that needs a little extra cushion. I threw a few silica packs in the bottom the of case for moisture and if out in the heat. will think about opening the pressure valve on it. Just have to remember to close it to make it seal again.

I use the bag for the parts and accessories. Kind of like the "doc's bag"... lol

It has the charger, props, and cleaning cloth, and stashing my SD cards in it for now. I am assuming this is where I will stash my lens filters when I order them. And who knows... maybe a vehicle charger if it were to get to that.

Not bad for a first time attempt at a project like this??

View attachment 3743
View attachment 3744
View attachment 3745
Mine is similar but I stood the batteries up so I can carry 5 total, the charger, and filters.

Reactions: thomasr
Mine is similar but I stood the batteries up so I can carry 5 total, the charger, and filters.

I can take the lower foam out under those batteries in both spots as they are still solid attached -- have one slot to stand all the batteries up in (with the lower foam out, they would fit down in the slot nicely). That would free the other slot -- to do as you suggest -- store filters and such. I could see standing three batteries in one slot in the way I've pulled the foam apart already.

But don't know if I want them that close and scratching. But on the bright side - that would be 7 batteries total if 1 were on the EVO already. lol I wouldn't mind the accessories being separate. I guess all I am missing in this layout is a place for filters. and bam!

Of course, as mentioned, I am thinking of buying new foam and can refine the layout some. I like this layout - hate the foam. lol

I left two blocks in between each battery to prevent scratching. It looks like you could still do this in just the lower foam. If you wanted to keep this foam, you can spray adhesive a couple of pieces of foam back together.

I agree about not loving the foam as the final product. Now that I am happy with the layout I am going to spray adhesive the top and bottom foam and then coat the foam with microfiber to give it a more polished look.

I will take a photo of my layout tonight.

I left two blocks in between each battery to prevent scratching. It looks like you could still do this in just the lower foam. If you wanted to keep this foam, you can spray adhesive a couple of pieces of foam back together.

I agree about not loving the foam as the final product. Now that I am happy with the layout I am going to spray adhesive the top and bottom foam and then coat the foam with microfiber to give it a more polished look.

I will take a photo of my layout tonight.

I currently only have 4 batteries so one hole I use for extra cable or a cell charger.

Reactions: thomasr
I am pretty happy wth the bag. It is not perfect but it does the job. Here is how I do it.
Great video of an alternative setup inside! Only disadvantage of this setup for quick deployment is you have to take everything else out to get to the drone itself, while the alternative of putting it in vertically allows immediate access to the drone and controller, with the spare batteries underneath. Unlike DJI bags, the EVO shoulder bag doesn't fit too tightly for practical use.

Reactions: AeroMoPho
The Autel bag works great, I can fit the following in it.
Autel EVO
5 batteries
Controller
Lens Filter Pack
Galaxy S5 Phone
Lens Cleaning cloth
12 Propellers
5 SD Cards

The only thing not in the bag is the Charger and Power Cable.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
celso