Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

On the Go bag setup

Ansia

Reaction score
I was wondering how do you guys set up your Evo inside the On the Go bag without hurting the controller joysticks and bending the propellers? I removed the partitions inside to free up some space and used the foam that came with controller to protect the joysticks. Batteries didn't fit inside, so they are on the side pockets. The good thing about this is, the Evo's legs rest on top of the foams, preventing scratches or mishaps.15498195037996508867470357397746.jpg15498195237436419413279068717233.jpg

Charger is in the front pocket and 4 extra props in the back pocket.

Reactions: Madhungarian
Buy a better bag. No seriously. Having two DJI fly more bags, that are horrible for actual use, the Autel design is way worse. I have had the RCs controls pinched, yesterday the gimble guard popped off again while trying to take the quad out because of the pressure and angles. This is on my short list to replace.

All that said, less is more (room) so i try to now travel with less in the Autel bag to give as much room to the quad and the RC.

Madhungarians photo is typical, but the feet sometimes catches causing the gimble cover issue I experienced again yesterday. From a design standpoint, this is not a great layout as and pressure from above or quad side goes directly into the quad.

My thoughts exacly. That is why I removed the inner pads. They joysticks in the controller are held by a spring. When I first inserted the controller with the pads inside, I noticed that the bottom joystick was slightly tilted due to pressure from the pad. Eventually this will cause the spring to loosen and it will never be centered again.

Another point as @OregonDrones pointed, everything gets caught with the stupid pads and it's a hassle to take things in or out. By removing the pads, I get the extra space and nothing puts pressure into anything, thus preventing any damage.

The only pressure I could observe was from the batteries outside pushing inward. One rests against the phone holder of the controller and the other against the body of the EVO. Now that I know this, I make sure the props aren't in the way as to prevent a possible bend.

Buy a better bag. No seriously. Having two DJI fly more bags, that are horrible for actual use, the Autel design is way worse. I have had the RCs controls pinched, yesterday the gimble guard popped off again while trying to take the quad out because of the pressure and angles. This is on my short list to replace.

All that said, less is more (room) so i try to now travel with less in the Autel bag to give as much room to the quad and the RC.

Madhungarians photo is typical, but the feet sometimes catches causing the gimble cover issue I experienced again yesterday. From a design standpoint, this is not a great layout as and pressure from above or quad side goes directly into the quad.
This is my DJI Fly more bag. Basically is a bag designed to fit the DJI case inside. So far it has protected my Phantom perfectly.20190210_145945.jpg

This is my DJI Fly more bag. Basically is a bag designed to fit the DJI case inside. So far it has protected my Phantom perfectly.View attachment 3478
Sorry forgot that one. So, two out of my three....although my foam case is still in use, but in a better bag that was designed for the foam case, but leaves room for other things too.

I don't mind the Autel bag at all. I left the separator in it, and I fit the Evo, RC, 3 batteries, (one on the Evo) an extra set of props, an SD card case, 10 piece Free-Well ND filter case, and the charger/wires in one bag. Then I bought another on the go bag/bundle, which I now keep spare batteries and the charger/cables in. I plan on getting a hard case, but I'm still undecided on which one between the Autel, the Camera Vault, and the one Accelerated heights is showing in on his YouTube channel. I think the Autel case is the biggest but nicest. I'd prefer a smaller case if possible.

Reactions: Ansia
I just got my bundle and was worried about the same thing. I want to baby the crap out my bird and am worried about props, scratches etc. I'm tempted to opt for a hard case solution. I don't think I could fit drone, charger, cables, and 3 batteries without squishing something.

I never carry the charger in it, but with my filters, quad, rc, 2-3 additional batteries, the case is full. I was playing with it agian today trying to come up with a better solution, but could not except to use the battery foam on the bottom for two batteries, with the rc, then a divider over the top, then the quad. While nice to get the quad up and out, I felt like I was digging for the rc. Actually liked my Mavic Air case so much more today by comparison.

I never carry the charger in it, but with my filters, quad, rc, 2-3 additional batteries, the case is full. I was playing with it agian today trying to come up with a better solution, but could not except to use the battery foam on the bottom for two batteries, with the rc, then a divider over the top, then the quad. While nice to get the quad up and out, I felt like I was digging for the rc. Actually liked my Mavic Air case so much more today by comparison.
I use everything that came with the regular bundle in the bag and I have no issues. What I did with the batteries is to use the foam that came in the box to divide each battery.

That way it protect each one. The controller fit very well in it. The bird takes a little bit of time to get in but doing careful is a must.

I can even fit a dedicated smartphone in the bag with no problem, but I never use this phone. I exclusive it use the remote controller screen. This is why I bought the Evo in the first place.

The convenience of just turn on the controller and the bird and fly, it's just unbelievable. It basically take me a minute to put the Evo in the air vs setting up the phone plus the cable.

Finally broke down and bought an Apache case from Harbor Freight on sale for $29.99 and will make a hard case for the Evo.

I couldn't help myself, I bought the Autel hard case and love it! You can pull the top portion out and it will hold a tablet, props, extra cords, etc. It's lockable, military grade so it's waterproof which will serve me well some of the places I will be going once the snow clears. Only thing I need that I can't fit it is the landing pad.

Attachments

• evo-hero.jpg
    evo-hero.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 16
  • evo inside..jpg
    evo inside..jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 17
I couldn't help myself, I bought the Autel hard case and love it! You can pull the top portion out and it will hold a tablet, props, extra cords, etc. It's lockable, military grade so it's waterproof which will serve me well some of the places I will be going once the snow clears. Only thing I need that I can't fit it is the landing pad.
Just take off from the case.

My kit did not come with the "official" Autel bag, it was some Mickey Mouse kit by an Amazon retailer, not really likable. 3545354635473548I ended up with a camera backpack I had been using with my OSMO, kept all the original foam from Autel so everything is very well protected and the RC fits perfectly with the Lifthor adapter on. 1 battery on the craft 2 batteries next to the R/C and charger plus spare props all the way in the bottom where it's not really readily accessible, but I seldom use the factory charger anyway and hopefully won't need spare prop access anytime soon.

I did the same thing but bought the larger Apache case called the 4800. It was only a few bucks more. I wanted to use the same cutout of foam that my Evo was packed in. The nice thing about this larger case is that it fits the height or depth of the original foam packaging perfectly. It also accommodates my circular folded launch pad. Yes it's a little bigger and heavier but it accommodates everything with room to spare.

My only concern is heat. It's all black and on 100+ degree weather, it's concerning.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials