Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

offline maps with flight missions?

PhilC

Reaction score
Can anyone help me/point me to solutions for being able to see the map in a photography mission (set up while in wifi range) when I go fly out of cell/wifi range? I'm sure I had this working before, but when I fly with my wi-fi only iPad, outof wifi range, the maps are not visible. I almost never fly anywhere where I even have cell service, let alone wifi, but without the map, the missions are not very useful .... Thanks, Phil

Can anyone help me/point me to solutions for being able to see the map in a photography mission (set up while in wifi range) when I go fly out of cell/wifi range? I'm sure I had this working before, but when I fly with my wi-fi only iPad, outof wifi range, the maps are not visible. I almost never fly anywhere where I even have cell service, let alone wifi, but without the map, the missions are not very useful .... Thanks, Phil
I saw your posting the other day. I came across this. Don't know if it would help you.

Apparently this is not an issue for (many) others, but in case it comes up for someone, here's what I've since learned:

if using an Android device,, by going into Google Maps (set to the Satellite image basemap) before planning the mission, downloading the map for off-line use, and then planning the mission--the Explorer app will somehow find the cached Google Map without being 'told' to do so, and display it along with the mission details;

if using an Apple Device, running Apple Maps as the basemap in the Explorer App (there's no setting to choose a different option that I have found), there is no way to cache a map--except that Apple Maps does it automatically. This has worked for me: in Apple Maps, zoom in to the area in which you plan to set up your Explorer App mission, then in Explorer, set up the mission. In the field, out of cell/wi-fi service, the mission will still display the automatically cached apple map (whereas if you only plan the mission within Explorer, it will not)...

hopefully this will save someone some hair pulling...

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy