Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Notice From Autel About Controllers and Compatibility in the Future

I have spoken to both Advexure and Autel. I am awaiting info from the Autel engineers. They fully understand the problem....but no answers as of this minute,
It won't allow you to add any kind account right? Or is that just mine?

I wouldn't be surprised. It's probably AOSP-based. They did say it was a custom version of Android, which means they probably built it from AOSP without the Google services that many apps require. You probably can install apps from F-Droid on it, however.

Personally, I would see that as a huge plus. I'm not a big fan of Google, to say the least. The last thing I would want would be Google spyware running on my controller (assuming I had one).

I'm not even crazy about running Autel Explorer on an Android phone, with a phone number that even I don't know, and registered on a Gmail account that thinks I'm a 19-year-old girl from Nunavut who likes American Girl dolls, 19th Century Russian literature, transcendental meditation, and overhauling tractor engines.

If the SC turns out to be vaporware for me, I'm 99 percent sure I'll go with an iPhone 12 Pro Max (or maybe a 13 if it comes out by then). The less I have to do with Google, the better I like it.

Reactions: PingSpike
I wouldn't be surprised. It's probably AOSP-based. They did say it was a custom version of Android, which means they probably built it from AOSP without the Google services that many apps require. You probably can install apps from F-Droid on it, however.

Personally, I would see that as a huge plus. I'm not a big fan of Google, to say the least. The last thing I would want would be Google spyware running on my controller (assuming I had one).

I'm not even crazy about running Autel Explorer on an Android phone, with a phone number that even I don't know, and registered on a Gmail account that thinks I'm a 19-year-old girl from Nunavut who likes American Girl dolls, 19th Century Russian literature, transcendental meditation, and overhauling tractor engines.

If the SC turns out to be vaporware for me, I'm 99 percent sure I'll go with an iPhone 12 Pro Max (or maybe a 13 if it comes out by then). The less I have to do with Google, the better I like it.
what's wrong with 19th century russian literature? ?

Reactions: GeekOnTheWing
At least in my working with it....no, you cannot add an account to the SC. You can load .apk files. I installed a few that I use often like B4UFly and UAV Forecast. In total, I installed 4. Two of them don't work, suggesting I install Google Services...and the others don't work correctly. Further, the Google Play store will not install or recognize the device.

One thing that worries me about the engineering of the Smart Controller is the resolution of the screen combined with a spec of 2000 nits brightness is going to generate alot of heat - I hope the cooling vents / fan can keep the temperature down and that they use high quality components (especially capacitors) that can handle a high operating temperature.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
UPDATE....Advexure just emailed me (and I assume all those that got an SC) asking us to NOT install Google services, etc. They further state that Autel will have an update to make this possible ASAP.

UPDATE-I did speak directly to Autel today, too. Who expected to be in touch with me before day's end. I will keep you all in the loop when I get some news.

Last edited:
UPDATE....Advexure just emailed me (and I assume all those that got an SC) asking us to NOT install Google services, etc. They further state that Autel will have an update to make this possible ASAP.
...and we're off!!!!! :p

so much for lack of support and obsolescence. sorry cart....horse. we'll see! thank you in advance, autel.

Reactions: JTech777
Got my controller today as well. Thing is built SOLID. Very pleased so far with build quality. I also want to commend Advenxure with how they have handled my order along with the entire process. Their communication was always prompt and as thorough as they could make it. A tough situation to be in selling technology at a time like this and with this specific issue at hand with the SC.

It charged from 2 bars to all 4 in about 11 mins. If this truly does what it said it would do, I wont be worried too much about V1 or V2 and I own the $10,000 Dual model. After examining the build quality closely, this is priced accordingly. It looks and feels as polished as any piece of tech ive handled. Just crossing my fingers the software is as good.
Congratulations on your Smart Controller. Please do some reviews and post in here or on Youtube. I'm still waiting for mine from @advexure and hope to get it soon. Take care and flight safe!?

Reactions: advexure

UPDATE-I did speak directly to Autel today, too. Who expected to be in touch with me before day's end. I will keep you all in the loop when I get some news.
The engineers from autel in China are getting the correct apk. And the instructions to get into recovery mode sent over to autel in united states

One thing that worries me about the engineering of the Smart Controller is the resolution of the screen combined with a spec of 2000 nits brightness is going to generate alot of heat - I hope the cooling vents / fan can keep the temperature down and that they use high quality components (especially capacitors) that can handle a high operating temperature.
100% valid concern. As with most of the country right now, we've had a heat wave in Southern CA over the last week. Friday and Saturday we were flying the SC with the new EVO II Dual 640R (FLIR Radiometric) in 100+ degree temps. The SC was getting very hot but still performing just fine. The cooling fans were kicking, just like they do even at ambient temps.

I don't recall exactly when DJI's CrystalSky Ultra Bright 7.85" 2000-nit monitor came out but somewhere around 3 years ago. I remember very well that there were some overheating issues with those and Advexure and DJI had to swap many out during a period of time where there was an affected batch. The Autel SC seems to have a much higher power cooling fan so hopefully no similar issues. ?

Reactions: PingSpike
just got my sc, very nice! thanks @advexure
You are most welcome @kenautelevo2pro. How are you liking it?

Got my controller today as well. Thing is built SOLID. Very pleased so far with build quality. I also want to commend Advenxure with how they have handled my order along with the entire process. Their communication was always prompt and as thorough as they could make it. A tough situation to be in selling technology at a time like this and with this specific issue at hand with the SC.

It charged from 2 bars to all 4 in about 11 mins. If this truly does what it said it would do, I wont be worried too much about V1 or V2 and I own the $10,000 Dual model. After examining the build quality closely, this is priced accordingly. It looks and feels as polished as any piece of tech ive handled. Just crossing my fingers the software is as good.

Thanks for the support, @jzobel. We appreciate yours and everyone's patience and understanding. Please share your thoughts and feedback on the SC with this AutelPilots community and you get some operational stick time in with the new SC. Fly safe! ?

Just a quick shout out to @MattMPA to thank him for sacrificing his brand new SC to test Google services for everyone ?‍♂️

And another shout out to @advexure who have remained the consistent voice of reason throughout all this recent chaos, and whom have also kept us up to date on an almost daily basis where Autel have not ?‍♂️

Found a direct download for a googlemaps apk and works perfect after install. Not sure if anyone has talked or posted a link but this worked for me.

Found a direct download for a googlemaps apk and works perfect after install. Not sure if anyone has talked or posted a link but this worked for me.

Pardon my Android ignorance...in what way do you use the Google maps?

If you don't install Google Maps, what does the SC use for the mission view?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm