Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Notice From Autel About Controllers and Compatibility in the Future

Same here, I won’t cancel. However, didn’t Autel mention distributors will decide who gets the released SmartControllers? Hopefully, Whatever SmartControllers are released they are properly distributed out in proper order to those
placing early orderes.

Reactions: edgardcafe
Same here, I won’t cancel. However, didn’t Autel mention distributors will decide who gets the released SmartControllers? Hopefully, Whatever SmartControllers are released they are properly distributed out in proper order to those
placing early orderes.
i placed my order on 4/29 from advexure.com so i fully expect to receive a SCV1, also here is a question once all those SC have been released. there are going to be maybe alot or few people that their orders will be refunded since stock will run out.

i placed my order on 4/29 from advexure.com so i fully expect to receive a SCV1, also here is a question once all those SC have been released. there are going to be maybe alot or few people that their orders will be refunded since stock will run out.

Did you pay in full when you make the preorder?

Reactions: Sjs
Ok, I am just going to throw this out there, because we have seen this happen in the tech space before with "right to repair" and other examples.
Based on ZERO evidence, what is the possibility that DJI is using the same chip supplier and put pressure on the chip maker to STOP selling certain chips to Autel, effectively crippling their products? For me, seeing the way big tech companies operate, especially DJI....I wouldn't put this past them AT ALL. They have the money and influence to do this.

*any DJI fanbois, keep your flames to yourself. I clearly stated I have ZERO evidence.*

I don't see Autel getting out of this, but great suggestions going forward from @mshmovie on how to fix this AND keep your current customers happy. Future customers will all be getting V2 hardware, so they won't be affected. I had toyed with the idea of the possibility of picking up one of the new controllers, but didn't seriously consider it.

Lets all hope smart people over at Autel put their heads together and come out with a win. My thinking is, that they already thought through this for a while now and came to the hard conclusion, based on facts today that they are dealing with....that they can't continue on the same path they have been on and have made the extremely hard decision to do this. That doesn't mean I like it one bit, so I feel the same way most of you do.

The bad press that Autel will get over this, and the issues this brings will kill them in the high end business space, I would think. No one wants to invest $$ in a company that does this to their customers without offering some sort of upgrade path to get out of it. The sensible thing for Autel to do is to offer to upgrade current owners products with the V2 line at an extreme discount, eat the loss, retrofit all the V1 products returned and re-sell them to re-coup their losses, OR offer a retrofit path, where they will retrofit and return your V1 back to you as V2. That would keep customers happy, we all would get V2 hardware with hopefully minimal out of pocket expense. I would be happy with a solution like this. This could be done for anyone wanting to buy the new V2 controller....Autel would allow you to send in your drone and either retrofit or replace with a V2 model.
Well a excellent idea and shows a lot of commen sense.
I really hope they get this and read it.you should be named the negotiater.most practable way for us that spent thousands of hard earned dollers and autel can save their pride instead of letting done the peaple that pay them their wages.

My guess? Not that many folks actually preordered this thing. They’re drumming up hype to get some interest.

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
What would happen if everyone cancelled their v1 pre-orders?
There would be a lot of surplus V1 controllers looking for the right market with some part of the consumer market knowing the limitations the and capabilities of v1; can only work with our current Evo II platform and not future Evo II v2 and other new product.

It's speculative, but it could result in it being price appropriately reduced for the imposed limitations (rather than the advertised/promised future capabilities).

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
My guess? Not that many folks actually preordered this thing. They’re drumming up hype to get some interest.
Maybe, but not me: (Oh, note I still have 9 days to elect to protect what has not yet shipped; that's a whole new kind of special.)
1623361651533.png

placing early orderes.
Correct. They'd need a database that has each order timestamped by UTC time of order to do this accurately; I question how they're managing these logistics.
  • They don't have an API that interfaced with every dealers order management system to capture the order event (that's a heavy and hard to coordinate event)
  • I'd guess there's a preset allocation by reseller and it's likely fulfilled by the dealer as they view the sequence of order placement (it's a manageable, if not a truly fulfilled in sequence of global order placement approach)

@advexure and @Empire Drone DO you have an insight into this yet?

Did you pay in full when you make the preorder?
I preordered on 4/16, once order is ready for shipment my PayPal account will be charged.

i asked this from the distributor when noticing my account had not been charged after a few days since making the preorder, they replied “since PayPal is the payment method“ my account will be charged when they ship.

I honestly feel the first batch V1 SmartController if released, will hold its value. Maybe at most, Sell a few hundred below original price. Many Evo 2 users with original model will have an interest with the first Smart Controller. Many will not care to upgrade with the extra expense of upgrading to the newer Evo 2 and be content with the first SM.

Reactions: edgardcafe
Correct. They'd need a database that has each order timestamped by UTC time of order to do this accurately; I question how they're managing these logistics.
  • They don't have an API that interfaced with every dealers order management system to capture the order event (that's a heavy and hard to coordinate event)
  • I'd guess there's a preset allocation by reseller and it's likely fulfilled by the dealer as they view the sequence of order placement (it's a manageable, if not a truly fulfilled in sequence of global order placement approach)

@advexure and @Empire Drone DO you have an insight into this yet?
No need to question how @advexure is managing these logistics. Fortunately this is not anything new and we employ and make use of our tech stack built over the last 7 years. ?

Allocation from the manufacturer (Autel Robotics) will occur based on initial quantities requested/ordered, dealer vs. distributor status, and business volume. We will fulfill all pre-orders in the order in which they have been received on a first come, first served basis.

No need to question how @advexure is managing these logistics. Fortunately this is not anything new and we employ and make use of our tech stack built over the last 7 years. [emoji851]

Allocation from the manufacturer (Autel Robotics) will occur based on initial quantities requested/ordered, dealer vs. distributor status, and business volume. We will fulfill all pre-orders in the order in which they have been received on a first come, first served basis.

Maybe, I will be the last one ! Lol [emoji41]

Reactions: advexure
No need to question how @advexure is managing these logistics. Fortunately this is not anything new and we employ and make use of our tech stack built over the last 7 years. ?

Thank you Advexure, appreciate the order of Smartcontroller delivery information. I ordered my Evo 2 from advexure back in May 2020 and now the SmartController 4/16, looking forward to combining the two. Will be a terrific setup, can’t wait!

Thanks!

We have patience,

Thank you Advexure, appreciate the order of Smartcontroller delivery information. I ordered my Evo 2 from advexure back in May 2020 and now the SmartController 4/16, looking forward to combining the two. Will be a terrific setup, can’t wait!

Thanks!

We have patience,
@Waldo Pepper thank you for your continued support ? we are certainly looking forward to combining those two as well. Thanks for hanging tight.

@Quad808 we appreciate you, so thank you! We are looking forward to seeing Autel work this situation out and will continue to keep Advexure customers and the Autel community updated as things progress.

@Yodamaster623 Fingers crossed we some movement soon! ? thank you!

I feel your frustration. I trust the resellers on the forum will take care of you and Amex never fails; they're super consumer biased (thankfully). Let's keep pressing on this ugly mess; we deserve better and Autel Robotics should do better for its own good.

It's ironic that many of us ventured into Autel to try something other that DJI and DJI made their years old Smart Controller Occusync 3 compatible with the Air 2S; totally unexpected. Next move is for Autel to do a lot better as the promise of the Autel Smart Controller was to be a platform for current and future product and needs to be again ASAP. Autel needs to make better, smarter decisions.
(Just saw this) "I trust the resellers" Actually I won't trust the resellers on here. I had to file the complaint for AMX to go and get it. Reseller kept saying in processing and AMX said just the opposite. (American Express lied to me? I dont think so. I have the complaint as proof if anyone needs a copy to prove all I say. As for me I will never pre order anything again. Flying this thang as long as possible. I hope for all that hang in you do indeed get what you paid for, I hope it works with little to no issues but I am using my Tripltek T7121 and won't even consider leaving that again.

(Just saw this) "I trust the resellers" Actually I won't trust the resellers on here. I had to file the complaint for AMX to go and get it. Reseller kept saying in processing and AMX said just the opposite. (American Express lied to me? I dont think so. I have the complaint as proof if anyone needs a copy to prove all I say. As for me I will never pre order anything again. Flying this thang as long as possible. I hope for all that hang in you do indeed get what you paid for, I hope it works with little to no issues but I am using my Tripltek T7121 and won't even consider leaving that again.flying and
Hi Bob,

I'm sorry that was such a rough experience for you and glad Amex took care of you (Amex always comes thorough - I've had cell phones die and they paid me back most of the original price - that's an amazing service).

Be sure to enjoy whatever you choose to fly with, that matters more than any of this (which we'll see how it settles out).

I preordered mine from B&H and got my PayBoo statement (their Synchrony Bank credit card that has them absorb the tax) and was happy to see that they've not charged me for the preorder yet. I would expect that no one should charge for product until it ships. In fact, if I recall accurately, Horizon Hobby will not accept PayPal on a preorder for merch that was not in stock; it had to be a charge card that was billed when the order was fulfilled. I was surprised to read that people were charged for the full cost of the controller before order fulfillment; that did not meet my expectations set from experience.

Keep flying and find reason to enjoy the high priced machines we're fortunate enough to have (despite this craziness).

Regards,
Marc

I think at this point we have to be patient and see what happens. I don't plan to cancel my order either. :)
I'm sitting tight with my preorder for the moment. Being that I was not charged for placing the preorder, it's equivalent to a free option; cancelling it would toss away that option. Worst case, I'll leverage a 30 day return policy.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials