Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Not holding altitude

Dougie K

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone had this problem with Autel x star
It will not hold altitude and keeps sinking, the auto take off button dose not help in take offs, I’ve have the latest firmware, controller is bonded and calibrated and compass is calibrated. Any fixes.

Thank you in advance

On take off mine tends to drop a little bit then recovers. What exactly is yours doing? Does it just keep dropping till it lands? Also mine will bob around in a stronger wind but not to the point its uncontrollable.

Mine when pressing the take off button it gets about six inches of the ground then lands again, when using the stick to take off I used to be able to let go of the stick and it would hold it altitude but now it just comes back to the ground. When flying I have to keep applying throttle to keep altitude.

Well thats not right, really have no remedy other then let Autel know whats going on. Perhaps they have a solution.

I’ve been on to Autel and they say post it to them and they would take a look, it would be quite expensive from the Uk

It really sounds like the knob on the controller might be uncalibrated. Maybe try re-calibrating the RC again?

I’ve tried several times re calibrating the controller, I don’t think it’s the stick as the take off button doesn’t operate correctly ether.

I’ve tried several times re calibrating the controller, I don’t think it’s the stick as the take off button doesn’t operate correctly ether.
The take off button is not going to operate properly if the unit thinks the stick is always trying to bring it down imo.

Reactions: Dougie K
If you had another RC or someone you know, you could probably test this by pairing it up and seeing if it does the same thing.

Thank you Tufargon I never thought of it that way, I’ll look into the controller a bit more
I do have an extra controller I could sell but I'm not sure what the shipping would be to the UK.

I have noticed the same issue with my X-Star. I start the propellers then just use my throttle stick and take off that way. After a few blips on the throttle it seems to hold altitude fine. I re-calibrate the remote and drone at every new site I fly at.

Did you come to a resolution on this or still having the issue? I listed my unit as I’m tired of the batteries failing after five to ten flights.
this is my third set of batteries that have been replaced under warranty.
I’m going to look for a used Evo. Not interested in the new Evo II yet. Just for flying around my land for now.

No the problem persists with not holding altitude, also if anyone has any dead X-Star battery’s please let me know I would like to re Cell them.

Did you come to a resolution on this or still having the issue? I listed my unit as I’m tired of the batteries failing after five to ten flights.
this is my third set of batteries that have been replaced under warranty.
I’m going to look for a used Evo. Not interested in the new Evo II yet. Just for flying around my land for now.

I have four batteries that have failed. I have tried with the Autel technicians to deep cycle them to bring them back to life.

I have noticed the same issue with my X-Star. I start the propellers then just use my throttle stick and take off that way. After a few blips on the throttle it seems to hold altitude fine. I re-calibrate the remote and drone at every new site I fly at.
Is there anyone in the UK that has an X Star WiFi that I could do some testing to find the fault with mine?

I have decided to sell my X Star, it’s in the UK any takers, faulty will not hold altitude but still flys.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials