Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Not a good start

mgc2372

Reaction score
Just received my EVO Nano +. I bought it direct from Autel. Seems the firmware update went okay on the iPhone 12. Tried to register the drone but tells me it doesn't exist. Upon research I'm told it's possibly not genuine. Email support they tell me to "Please make sure you have active the drone, connected with the controller and mobile before you register to your account." I tried a Samsung s21 FE, the entire process again. Same result. I, also, can't bind the drone to my account. This isn't a good first impression. I bought the Autel because of all of the DJI controversies, and to try to get away from the constant GEO locking. I've had two DJI mini drones, maybe I became spoiled because nothing like this ever happened to those two drones. Anyone else have this bad first impression? I guess I'll be demanding a refund if this doesn't get worked out.

Just received my EVO Nano +. I bought it direct from Autel. Seems the firmware update went okay on the iPhone 12. Tried to register the drone but tells me it doesn't exist. Upon research I'm told it's possibly not genuine. Email support they tell me to "Please make sure you have active the drone, connected with the controller and mobile before you register to your account." I tried a Samsung s21 FE, the entire process again. Same result. I, also, can't bind the drone to my account. This isn't a good first impression. I bought the Autel because of all of the DJI controversies, and to try to get away from the constant GEO locking. I've had two DJI mini drones, maybe I became spoiled because nothing like this ever happened to those two drones. Anyone else have this bad first impression? I guess I'll be demanding a refund if this doesn't get worked out.
To update everyone on this. I called customer support. They stated that it was very possible that the box didn't get scanned before it left the warehouse. I sent them a picture of the bar codes so that they could update those in their system. In 24 hours I should be able to register and bind the drone to my account. Fingers crossed.

I had a similar problem when I tried to get Autel Care for the new Nano+ I got from Best Buy last November. Autel said my serial number was not in their system so they could not confirm my Autel Care coverage. I had communications with Autel US customer support twice, and they finally had to get in touch with Autel in China, who finally resolved the issue. Hopefully your issue will be sorted very shortly. Good luck.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials