Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nose pitches up and stops ?

Hazz

Reaction score
Just flew evo for the first time today and i had some issues when flying fast in standard mode . When i turn the craft left i usually put in a little left yaw and left bank for coordinated turn or vice versa for a right turn . When i do the turns flying fast the craft will pitch nose up and stop and then turn . Is there some setting i should adjust to correct this ? its seems to turn better when i put the stick inputs in a little softer. Is there a brake adjust like on the mavic ?

What firmware version? I just noticed similar behavior after updating to 1.3.3.25.

So i figured out whats going on. The craft flys fine when i turn visual obstacle avoidance off . Whats the speed limit with this on ? the app says 22 mph but my evo seems to not go faster than 15 mph with it on is there a way to adjust the sensitivity ? Or is this as fast as i can fly with it on ?

So i figured out whats going on. The craft flys fine when i turn visual obstacle avoidance off . Whats the speed limit with this on ? the app says 22 mph but my evo seems to not go faster than 15 mph with it on is there a way to adjust the sensitivity ? Or is this as fast as i can fly with it on ?

Seems to be a common issue and discussed in other discussions - having to go into the app and turning the forward obstacle avoidance off -- get's you back up to speed.

Or you can switch Ludicrous and hit the prompt when it states obstacle avoidance will be off while in use. This option kills two birds at one throw as it turns the sensors off and gives you full power to get going at a faster speed. Be careful though when flying in Ludicrous as you will run into another common issue -- it looses altitude as it zooms along. You have to stop ever so often and let it regain the altitude that it lost.

Depending on the wind you get caught in -- you may have to know how to do this quickly -- to regain the Evo.

I haven't used Ludicrous mode yet. Can't you compensate for the going down part? Manually I mean.

I haven't used Ludicrous mode yet. Can't you compensate for the going down part? Manually I mean.

I have not flown Ludicrous yet myself - the fastest I took mine to get out of a slow return back was 34 mph.

It is said to simply "left off the flight stick" and it will regain the altitude it lost

I have seen it described by Autel and have seen other people on YouTube like CaptainDrone demonstrate it.

Yee, but you can fly forward and gain altitude at the same time. Why not compensate when flying in ludicrous mode. The drone should go to original height plus altitude gained by stick input.

Yee, but you can fly forward and gain altitude at the same time. Why not compensate when flying in ludicrous mode. The drone should go to original height plus altitude gained by stick input.

It is the pitch it flies at in Ludicrous (as I have seen it explained in the videos) -- the faster and farther you go full throttle -- it will loose the altitude. I am sure this effect is worse on warmer days than cooler days.

Not sure if what you are asking works -- I would assume it would -- as it will listen to both inputs and should respond. I actually think I did see someones demonstration where they were doing this -- and at a certain interval of time while they were flying forward they would push up on the altitude.

Otherwise Evo is designed to regain the lost altitude automatically after letting off the forward throttle.

Seems like they could get the pitch right -- but I think other quads in this design suffer a little loss -- but not quite as much as the EVO. So I don't think it is just an Evo "only" problem here.

Another video I watched was certain to mention -- to be sure if zooming across tree tops -- to be really careful - because if you are too low to the trees, you will descend into them before realizing what happened while flying in Ludicrous -- LoL

Are you flying INTO the sun? Direct sunlight plays havoc with the forward sensors.

Reactions: mixchief
when the sun is low in the horizon the OA freaksI've had my evo fly like a toddler hoping stand but always falling downing a crawl, its quite du=isturbing to watch, Make you want to give it medication.

when the sun is low in the horizon the OA freaksI've had my evo fly like a toddler hoping stand but always falling downing a crawl, its quite du=isturbing to watch, Make you want to give it medication.

in another conversation, I jokingly was saying I was adding one of these, to my On-the-go "Doc's Bag", as I termed it...

... I may actually need to add that to the list. That's most of my complaints... it's a nice bird when everything is right -- but an alien or something possessed -- when it acts out.

I just keep thinking my actual "crash" isn't going to be because I'm a novice -- I think it is going to be Evo to freak out at the exact wrong moment and be done! out! pieces! ...

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ben648691