Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Nope not going outside today if I don't have to

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
-21°F
Wind Chill:-44
Wind chill values of minus 40 to minus 44 are occurring early this morning. Extreme wind chill values are expected again over the next few nights. However, wind chills will moderate during the daytime hours.

Virtually all my buds from D.C. to Wisconsin to Alabama are staying inside. -44? Unreal. I could barely stand -15 WC covered in Arctic gear! Build a fire, relax!

We all have wells out here where I live. I put down straw where the line runs underground and on top of my septic field just in case we do not get much snow before a cold snap to insulate everything. My neighbour next door has been spending all day trying to unfreeze her water line. Not much fun when you have no water and a house full of people on boxing day.

Reactions: Keiferfilm
-21°F
Wind Chill:-44
Wind chill values of minus 40 to minus 44 are occurring early this morning. Extreme wind chill values are expected again over the next few nights. However, wind chills will moderate during the daytime hours.
Ooouch,

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

I remember back in New Brunswick Canada being so freekin cold. Stay warm my friend, there will be many days to fly!!

Dang, -44 unthaw the line and would re-freeze before you got the rest of the line, ouch Toady high 22 here and 7 at night, have to pull my well today ( bad pump) it’s 325 feet down to pump which is a Bi to say the least... I was complaining but not now -44 :(

I hate to do this!
Today

Dec 27

64° /41°F
Plenty of sunshine
  • Thu
    Dec 28

67° /41°
    Plenty of sunshine More
  • Sat
    Dec 30

67° /42°
    Plenty of sunshine More
  • Sun
    Dec 31

66° /40°
    Sunshine and patchy clouds
Day
64°HiRealFeel® 68°Precipitation 0%

Plenty of sunshine
  • Winds from the
  • SSE 5 mph
  • Gusts: 7 mph

• Max UV Index: 3 (Moderate)
  • Thunderstorms: 0%
  • Precipitation: 0 in
  • Rain: 0 in
  • Snow: 0 in
  • Ice: 0 in
  • Hours of Precipitation: 0 hrs
  • Hours of Rain: 0 hrs
Night
41°LoRealFeel® 37°Precipitation 0%

Reactions: tony.palumbojr
We're currently under a winter storm advisory with -15ºF below wind chills. Were in the single digits with snow.

This is a few hours away from me. We have some snow but these people got some SNOW!

home-buried-in-snow3.jpg

bulldozer-lorraine-new-york-snow.jpg

home-buried-in-snow2.jpg

SOURCE: Firefighters use front loader to rescue woman from snowed-in home

Reactions: tony.palumbojr
Man this is unreal.......and i'm bitching at our 4 degrees this morning. I have never experienced a -45 so it must be awful. Stay warm and look forward to moderation of weather.

Oh my god. Thats unbelievable. I remember one year like that you could not see people walking on the sidewalks because the snow was high.

When you start getting that much snow you have to make sure you get it off the roof of buildings and homes. 1997 blizzard shopping mail roof caved in from the weight. Companies now go up on the roofs with snowblowers & scoops.

Also need to try to keep any propane tanks as clear as possible. Every year that we have big snowfalls, it seems at least a couple of houses blow up due to propane gas leaks - the weight of the snow causes a leak at the valve or fitting and the gas follows the pipe into the house, where it can be set off by simply flipping a light switch:

"Propane tanks that are covered in deep snow are at risk for leaks, as the weight of the heavy snow can cause fittings, joints, and sometimes even the entire tank to shift. This problem can be compounded by snow being cleared off roofs, driveways, and walkways onto tanks, lines, and fittings. Large piles of snow surrounding tanks and lines can also prevent leaking gas from escaping thus creating a huge pocket of gas that could fuel a massive explosion or leak into your home."

Hmmm, could the Pumpkin be used for snow blowing and clearing roofs and sidewalks?, if the stuff was fluffy enough perhaps.... We know it can already help with Thanksgiving dinner....arto

And that's why I live in South Georgia. Cold spell next week will bring highs in the upper 40's then things will moderate. Normal highs this time of year are mid to upper 50's.

This cold of -minus 40 Celsius or Farenheit is the same at that level and we are this cold near Ottawa as well. My dog has to break the last drops when he goes out for his business.:)
My well pipes are buried 6 ft. to prevent any freezing. But surely you're mistaken Agustine as septic beds are normally buried only a couple feet below surface ( I use to install these as a contractor)
I want to extend a Happy New Year to all and warm thoughts.

Norm

Right there with you guys.
I live where we are affectionately known as the Ice Box of the Nation and the Weather Channel likes to come up here every year to point that out...lol

We hit an all time new record low for this time of year 2 days ago with -37f below.

So no drone flying this last week or this week as it has not gone above -6f for a high all this time.

We all have wells out here where I live. I put down straw where the line runs underground and on top of my septic field just in case we do not get much snow before a cold snap to insulate everything. My neighbour next door has been spending all day trying to unfreeze her water line. Not much fun when you have no water and a house full of people on boxing day.
On the property I manage we have a building where the septic lines from the building run directly under a service road so no amount of straw is going to help. Couple that with high efficiency furnaces in that building that dump a ton of water down the floor drains. So my solution is running the hotwater for at least 15 minutes every other day (During sub zero weather) to keep the drain line from building up a glacial blockage. I learned this trick after an incident that occurred 13 years ago that left me with inoperable drains with a building full of women. It took me almost an hour to unfreeze the line in sub zero weather.

Never again am I going through that!!!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmccaskill