Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Noise Coming From Motor ?

xspwhite

Reaction score
After my Autel X-Star Premium malfunctioned and made a crash landing in a patch of trees the other day, I have done one test flight, and during the evenings had the drone on my coffee table for examination.

After turning on the motors without props -- I stuck my ear up to each motor and noticed that 3 of them are whisper quiet. While one, the left rear, has a very small rattle/sizzle sound to it. It does seem to disappear when you throtle up, or when you wrap your hand around the arm of the quad.

Does anyone think I should worry about this or just fly and forget it?

There are no cracks and the screws are tight.

If it was me I would get a can of the computer air that they use to blow out dust and such from keyboards and inside computer towers. Give the motor area a good once over with the air. If anything is stuck in there it might come out. Since the bearings are sealed units nothing can get in there. If there is anything in there it would be between the bell of the motor and windings. Funny you said left rear as mine from day one starts a split second slower than the other three.
As long as it spins freely I would not be to worried about it myself. Others might have a different opinion.

I think your right. Could be a piece of sand or tiny tree bark or something. I will try the air cleaner. It's not very loud, but did strike me as odd that the other motors don't make any noise, but once I squeezed the arm I realized it could be some vibration from the plastic shell too.

The motor does not get hot and spins freely. I would be interested if anyone else felt like listening to their motors.

I wouldn't sweat it. At all. Now the god-awful racket the Phantoms make, made me buy, and replace, an offending motor that DJI said nothing was wrong with. Once the motor that was "fine" was replaced, it was quiet [still not as quiet as the XSP] and I had no more concerns with it.

If you need to place your ear next to the motor to hear something, that only means you want to find SOMETHING. Stop worrying and start flying and enjoying your XSP. They are truly 'incredible beasts' in my honest opinion. An amazing machine.

Are you on the latest firmware? I connected my tablet to the internet the other day to download that DU recorder. Now my starlink app has a ballon telling me my firmware is outdated. So now I'm thinking about updating.

Do you like the new FW?

I have zero complaints with the new FW in my use of the XSP. But I only take stills, very little video.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chen