Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

no support for older models

boatdoc

Reaction score
I consider AUTEL the best drone maker . I love what I have bought and flown so far. PIcked up a EVO NIB and really like that model as well. I was shocked when searching on line that Autel has little to no extra parts( batteries especially) available for this older model why? Autels answer was basically --TS we have what we have .good luck finding what you need--really? I was shocked. These are NOT cheap drones and deserve proper and long time parts support like the newer models get

I find their stance ont his subject odd and frustrating

Autel has always been known as:

• A great sUAS hardware company
  • A viable DJI competitor
  • Being first to market with new innovations
  • Having cameras that take a really nice image
  • Never having a drone have all stated features
  • Having poor firmware implementation
  • Having short product lifecycles and support
  • A company with a lot of promise, that just doesn't round that final corner
The story of the XStar sums up the above rather nicely.

friends and colleagues, AUTEL apparently does not care what its users think since they told me the same thing when I asked them if they could help me with an update for my AUTEL EVO 1 and they told me that since it was already discontinued, they threw away everything they had. It was from that drone and I will search the market to see who could help me, it is a shame since it is the one that has been able to fight DJI the most, and for this reason DJI are the first in drones and the others are others.

Reactions: boatdoc
friends and colleagues, AUTEL apparently does not care what its users think since they told me the same thing when I asked them if they could help me with an update for my AUTEL EVO 1 and they told me that since it was already discontinued, they threw away everything they had. It was from that drone and I will search the market to see who could help me, it is a shame since it is the one that has been able to fight DJI the most, and for this reason DJI are the first in drones and the others are others.
Ever tried to get a battery for a Mavic 2 or a Air ? Same story, DJI is no different.

Reactions: Lepi and boatdoc
Ever tried to get a battery for a Mavic 2 or a Air ? Same story, DJI is no different.
I just bought 3 DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise batteries in May. New. From a vendor.
I sent in a Mavic 2 Enterprise and Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced for Basic Maintenance (DJI Maintenance Program). There was a small problem with the Mavic 2 Enterprise. They sent me a brand new aircraft to replace the original from 2019. This was in January.

I would not say they are the same story in all regards.

Reactions: garycsan
I just bought 3 DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise batteries in May. New. From a vendor.
I sent in a Mavic 2 Enterprise and Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced for Basic Maintenance (DJI Maintenance Program). There was a small problem with the Mavic 2 Enterprise. They sent me a brand new aircraft to replace the original from 2019. This was in January.

I would not say they are the same story in all regards.
That's a paid service, available for limited DJI enterprice models only.

Your statement inferred that you cannot obtain Mavic 2 batteries. You easily can. New, from DJI.

I added the DJI Maintenance statement to show that these drones are reaching EOL but are still supported with parts and service.

DJI added Remote ID updates out to older drones. Autel did not for Evo or Evo 2 V1 or V2.

I repeat, I would not say they are the same story in all regards.

Reactions: garycsan
For Mavic 2 you may find battery's. that's correct. My bad. However, they are out of stock frequently.
For air you will not find support from them.
I will no further argue the DJI support, because- in fact- it's the sole item that rises them above all others.

However, they also drop support for older models, so Autel is not unique in this. Those products have short livespan.

My latest experience with Autel support is excellent., for certification of my E2P V3 i submitted my request on Sunday, confirmation on Monday and Wednesday i got the post with the C2 classification.

Autel just failed to keep up, they never seemed committed enough to compete well. My EVO II Pro V1 still works but I'm done with Autel going forward for the reason stated here and for their spotty at best and now absent support. They used to have some committed people but that ship has sailed off the edge.

Autel just failed to keep up, they never seemed committed enough to compete well. My EVO II Pro V1 still works but I'm done with Autel going forward for the reason stated here and for their spotty at best and now absent support. They used to have some committed people but that ship has sailed off the edge.
I have it because a friend had it lying around and gave it to me and even though it is a tremendous drone, the creators don't care what users say, they are only interested in selling and not competing as it should be.

To be fair, Autel laid out when support would end for various models. For a smaller company it makes no sense to stock parts for items that are out of program. Batteries are another issue with older drones, but DJI has non competes with many of the third party companies, software companies, accessory makers, etc. Parrot, Autel, and others those drone mfgs the third party companies cannot make or even refurb batteries... only for DJI. Litchi people came to Autel years ago with the Evo 1 and DJI shut them down fast.... All of a sudden the guys from Litchi that were in Autel forums and online groups were just gone!

DJI is a monopoly... plain and simple.

For Autel to get a battery order they would have to order 10K batteries for a production run. In most cases they would never sell all of those batteries. Probably a better reason they have decided to stick with orig Autel E2P batteries for that series over the years.

Look at Amazon and other companies for discounts, even direct from Aliexpress.

To be fair, Autel laid out when support would end for various models. For a smaller company it makes no sense to stock parts for items that are out of program. Batteries are another issue with older drones, but DJI has non competes with many of the third party companies, software companies, accessory makers, etc. Parrot, Autel, and others those drone mfgs the third party companies cannot make or even refurb batteries... only for DJI. Litchi people came to Autel years ago with the Evo 1 and DJI shut them down fast.... All of a sudden the guys from Litchi that were in Autel forums and online groups were just gone!

DJI is a monopoly... plain and simple.

For Autel to get a battery order they would have to order 10K batteries for a production run. In most cases they would never sell all of those batteries. Probably a better reason they have decided to stick with orig Autel E2P batteries for that series over the years.

Look at Amazon and other companies for discounts, even direct from Aliexpress.
Autel is not a small company, it has a little bit of everything and the detail is that they want to be exclusive with their products, which DJI is not, since you get spare parts and information for all their drones and AUTEL does not have anyone to solve that. any problem with said drones.
And it's not that I'm in favor of DJI, but it's that, as I say, you can get everything anywhere and it's no use producing great equipment if in the end there's no one who knows how to repair it. If something happens to them, you have to send it to them and what to do. change the parts or give you another AUTEL drone and only they can do it and no one else, however there are DJI tutorials to solve any problem and products.

I consider AUTEL the best drone maker . I love what I have bought and flown so far. PIcked up a EVO NIB and really like that model as well. I was shocked when searching on line that Autel has little to no extra parts( batteries especially) available for this older model why? Autels answer was basically --TS we have what we have .good luck finding what you need--really? I was shocked. These are NOT cheap drones and deserve proper and long time parts support like the newer models get

I find their stance ont his subject odd and frustrating
I am in contact with a LIPO battery manufacturer about supplying replacement cells so we can rebuild our EVO battery packs. We might even be able to convince them to make complete replacement packs. They need to know from me the maximum current draw on these batteries when EVO is flying. Do you know? I don’t know what to tell them. Perhaps this will help many EVO owners and perhaps we should look into starting an after market group to create and supply parts for EVO since it is now End-Of-Life. It would also be very helpful if some software guru could get into the firmware and make adjustments for us.

I am in contact with a LIPO battery manufacturer about supplying replacement cells so we can rebuild our EVO battery packs. We might even be able to convince them to make complete replacement packs. They need to know from me the maximum current draw on these batteries when EVO is flying. Do you know? I don’t know what to tell them. Perhaps this will help many EVO owners and perhaps we should look into starting an after market group to create and supply parts for EVO since it is now End-Of-Life. It would also be very helpful if some software guru could get into the firmware and make adjustments for us.
Friend, what good is it to have a great drone and tremendous flight performance and when it comes to getting spare parts and spare parts advice they only tell you go see how you solve it, it happened to me with my evo 1 and what I did was buy another damaged one and solve what I needed, but the software and firmware are not even under a rock. You have to see how you solve it. Apparently they are only interested in making them sell them, making money and that's it, but if it is damaged you have to send it and what they do is Change the damaged part or send you a new one and that's it.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnnyMajka