Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

"no sd card"

MKarli

Reaction score
This is the message i get on my brand new EVO even though I removed and reinserted the card from the slot. Also when i flew it the drone was "jerky" . I did not trust the drone so i aborted the flight...Did I miss a step in the setup??Any help or advice would be appreciated...Mark

Did you do the firmware update?

Did you try the SD card on your computer?

Try calibrating everything and try again.

I just want to make sure you rule out any factor, before contacting Autel or returning the drone.

Always format the SD in the craft not on a computer.
I would have to disagree. I've seen quite a few times where formatting on the PC fixed things. Autel even recommended it to a few XSP users. I ALWAYS format on the PC and never had a problem.

I would have to disagree. I've seen quite a few times where formatting on the PC fixed things. Autel even recommended it to a few XSP users. I ALWAYS format on the PC and never had a problem.
Your welcome to disagree. That is what makes life great, though you would still be wrong....

Reactions: jon5 and Tufargon
Your welcome to disagree. That is what makes life great, though you would still be wrong....
I agree. But if i'm wrong then so is Autel for suggesting it to more than one person.
If you have different facts I'd love to hear them.

Last edited:
I agree. But if i'm wrong then so is Autel for suggesting it to more than one person.
Maybe Autel is covering up from bad coding in the Explorer App?

Here is one example of the numerous photography sites saying to format in the camera. Same thing was taught in school.

“So to summarize, it’s always best to format a digital memory card within the device that will use it. Not only does this help ensure compatibility, but it also sets a block size that is optimized for the host camera. Format in your camera to minimize the potential for image loss and file corruption.”

Reactions: jon5
Maybe Autel is covering up from bad coding in the Explorer App?

Here is one example of the numerous photography sites saying to format in the camera. Same thing was taught in school.

“So to summarize, it’s always best to format a digital memory card within the device that will use it. Not only does this help ensure compatibility, but it also sets a block size that is optimized for the host camera. Format in your camera to minimize the potential for image loss and file corruption.”
A format is a format. Block is decided by the format (fat 32, exfat etc...) and not the device. I guess we can agree to disagree but like I said it has happened many times that a pc format has fixed problems (with the XSP) and Autel has recommended it. All I can say is if there are problems a pc format will not hurt to try. I've never had one problem and I have 100% always formatted by pc and I know a lot of users here do the same. I'm not wrong if it works in certain/some situations.
Also taking the word from some photographer will not convince me on how formatting works escpecially how pc stuff works vs an app on a phone. I'm an IT guy since 1995.
You may want to ask/call out Autel for this.

Last edited:
A format is a format. Block is decided by the format (fat 32, exfat etc...) and not the device. I guess we can agree to disagree but like I said it has happened many times that a pc format has fixed problems (with the XSP) and Autel has recommended it. All I can say is if there are problems a pc format will not hurt to try. I've never had one problem and I have 100% always formatted by pc and I know a lot of users here do the same. I'm not wrong if it works in certain/some situations.
Also taking the word from some photographer will not convince me on how formatting works escpecially how pc stuff works vs a app on a phone. I'm an IT guy since 1995.
You may want to ask/call out Autel for this.
I know people that drink and drive, steal, and bully others but that doesn’t make it right. ???

What does that even mean? o_O

Sorry in my line of work I always hear that something works because of XYZ and it is never based off science.

I am glad pc formats work for you. I do the. Too, but often reformat in the camera. That was the way I was taught and never had an issue. Also I use a Mac and sometimes that leads to its own problems.

I just use the SDFormatter program from here:

Reactions: Don Poteet
All memory cards need to be formatted in the device they’re being used on. That is not to say that it would never work otherwise, but that is not accepted or recommended procedure in any kind of device.

• Wow
Reactions: Don Poteet
All memory cards need to be formatted in the device they’re being used on. That is not to say that it would never work otherwise, but that is not accepted or recommended procedure in any kind of device.
They don't "need" to be. I've never once done it that way and have never had any issues whatsoever. I know others here do it also and as I've stated previously, Autel has recommended it on numerous occasions. I've only been a pc technician and IT guy for 24 years now so what do I know. lol

Please waste more of my time on the sd card issue. I have formatted card on pc and drone and still get no card. Move on.

Did anyone resolve the issue? I have an alto drone and it’s saying no SD card so I go into formatted and it still reads no SD card I went and bought a brand new SD card I put it in still nothing I go to format still shows no SD card does anyone know what that problem is?

Did anyone resolve the issue? I have an alto drone and it’s saying no SD card so I go into formatted and it still reads no SD card I went and bought a brand new SD card I put it in still nothing I go to format still shows no SD card does anyone know what that problem is?
I have this issue too. Hoping a board swap fix its.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials