Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NEW RELEASE: Autel Smart Controller for EVO II

advexure

Reaction score
Website
advexure.com
The Advexure Team is excited to announce the release of the Autel Smart Controller for EVO II Series.

The Autel Smart Controller for EVO II Series has been designed to enhance your flying experience with all EVO II series aircrafts. The Autel Smart Controller features a 7.9 inch super-bright display at 2000 nits of brightness. This brightness is four times brighter than conventional mobile devices, smartphones and tablets. This brightness enhances your UAS operation during direct sunlight to reduce glare and provide clear screen visibility. Operating time peaks at 4.5 hours on a single charge at 50% brightness, and 3 hours at maximum brightness. 128GB of internal storage gives you plenty of space for apps, media and other storage needs on the Smart Controller itself. In addition to the internal storage, SD card support of up to 1TB ensures you have the ability to stretch your storage capabilities for the most media demanding applications you find yourself in.

Available for Pre-Order from Advexure: Autel Smart Controller for EVO II Series

thank you for posting this and taking the lead on confirming the smart controller and keeping the facts accurate as well as helping with the conversations. we appreciate the effort you and your team have done as an approved vendor and obviously we are all excited for this new product. this forum is very productive and been of enormous help to me and other posters, for sure. I have decided to jump on the pre-order ship (instead of waiting until later after the reviews) so please expect my order at advexure.com soon! :)

thank you for posting this and taking the lead on confirming the smart controller and keeping the facts accurate as well as helping with the conversations. we appreciate the effort you and your team have done as an approved vendor and obviously we are all excited for this new product. this forum is very productive and been of enormous help to me and other posters, for sure. I have decided to jump on the pre-order ship (instead of waiting until later after the reviews) so please expect my order at advexure.com soon! :)
You are most welcome, @kenautelevo2pro, and thank you for your support and kind words of feedback. We appreciate it and look forward to getting the Smart Controller into your hands soon!

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Agreed

Yes, the Type-C port can be used to either plug into a power source or bank.
Allow me to add my voice....thank you for being so responsive.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
Disconcerting business model that Autel Robotics allows wholly independent affililates to take people's money for preorders before even acknowledging the existence of the product themselves. Can someone please point me to FCC registration application/certification for this device? Is there an official Autel Robotics statement or specification that such a device will meet the new requirements for RemoteID (and not be obsolete in a year and a couple of months)? Thanks.

Reactions: The Autelian
Disconcerting business model that Autel Robotics allows wholly independent affililates to take people's money for preorders before even acknowledging the existence of the product themselves. Can someone please point me to FCC registration application/certification for this device? Is there an official Autel Robotics statement or specification that such a device will meet the new requirements for RemoteID (and not be obsolete in a year and a couple of months)? Thanks.
While I cannot speak to RID or and FCC application....I don't have a problem with dealers "pre-selling" an item.

Automobiles are just one item where authorized dealers may pre-sell an upcoming model. As a Dodge Viper enthusiast, I remember well that Dodge dealers had received deposits long before the production cars were built. Deposits based on the concept car. More deposits than first year Vipers. That continues to this day with limited production vehicles.

Back on topic...as long as payments or deposits can be refunded...who gets hurt? If Autel is building these...or having them built under their auspices, I'm willing to bet that the product will be solid. I'm also expecting that Autel is forward enough thinking that remote Id won't be an issue, either.

I'll add one more thing. I found the Autel Smart Controller Quick Start Guide on line..with the Autel logo.

Reactions: PingSpike
No videos posted to Autel Robotics. No mention in their news page. If you want to park your money in non-company-owned independent dealer account based on leaked video of what's very likely a preproduction prototype(s), with nebulous specs (7.9" Retina display? And Android, both?) that's your bi'ness. What I'm saying is that it gives me pause about Autel Robotics longer term viability looking at this dysfunctional messaging/marketing. I'm an Evo 2 Pro owner with money to spend. But not yet. Show me the FCC approval/FAA compliance, at minimum. Without that this all has the whiff of vaporware

Reactions: The Autelian
I would certainly like the new smart controller, but the cost is prohibitive right now. Just purchased the Tripltek as an upgrade over using my phone.

We can't speak to when or if whether Autel themselves will sell the Smart Controller. We would assume they will offer it directly at some point. As one of their largest distributors and dealers for the Americas we can only speak for what they have enabled our team to offer our customers and partners and distribute to our sub-dealers that they have authorized our distribution team to distribute to.

We do not have the FCC information at this time, this would be maintained by the manufacturer. You should be able to obtain it soon from Autel or closer to Smart Controllers being ready to ship you could reach out to our Support Team and they should be able to assist you in receiving a copy of the FCC information for this remote controller.

As for Remote ID, I would not expect any manufacturer at this point to have an exact idea as to how their suite of solutions will look when it comes to RID compliance as RID is implemented over the next 2-3 years. While RID broadcast requires heavily on the aircraft side of the operation, RID also broadcasts the control station location and elevation. So yes, a Smart Controller has a small piece to do with RID compliance, but weighs heavily on the broadcast module on the drone unit. Just yesterday in this article DJI stated, "complying with them [remote ID requirements] will likely be as simple as updating your drone software with a free upgrade." While we'd love to see all manufacturers (Autel Robotics included) come forward with their anticipated plans for RID compliance, it's still very early. That being said, given that you have a 802.11a/b/g/n/ac wi-fi protocol and 2.4, 5.8 and 900MHz frequency to work with on the Autel Smart Controller device itself, it theoretically should be no different than any other platform and will just need a firmware update to become compatible.

it theoretically should be no different than any other platform and will just need a firmware update to become compatible.
That's my take, some new code, since existing hardware already produces "the data" in some form

Reactions: advexure
2-3 years...what what? Non compliant RID can't be sold 18 mos after Dec 2020 FAA reg, or about 13-1/3 mos from today. And this device isn't even in the FCC-approval pending queue yet, not even an application submitted? On the strength of a video leak of prototype and a slide deck you're accepting preorders? The first slide deck video was almost comedically bad, coming at the same moment as the Mavic 2S having just dropped. But now... Now this preorder thing just drains all that funny right out of it. Looks like some desperate attempt to stanch DJI hemorrhaging while AR themselves stands by silently. $1200 price, for a 4 year old smartphone processor stuck at Android 9 means it's dead-on-arrival, if true. $800 would be a tough sell with those specs, months from now, especially since Apple's M1 iPad Pro also just dropped like yesterday (likely will edit 4K) Autel has a serious marketing and messaging problem to allow affiliates or dealers to play this game. Really. really bad... Circular firing squad bad.

• Haha
Reactions: PingSpike
2-3 years...what what? Non compliant RID can't be sold 18 mos after Dec 2020 FAA reg, or about 13-1/3 mos from today. And this device isn't even in the FCC-approval pending queue yet, not even an application submitted? On the strength of a video leak of prototype and a slide deck you're accepting preorders? The first slide deck video was almost comedically bad, coming at the same moment as the Mavic 2S having just dropped. But now... Now this preorder thing just drains all that funny right out of it. Looks like some desperate attempt to stanch DJI hemorrhaging while AR themselves stands by silently. $1200 price, for a 4 year old smartphone processor stuck at Android 9 means it's dead-on-arrival, if true. $800 would be a tough sell with those specs, months from now, especially since Apple's M1 iPad Pro also just dropped like yesterday (likely will edit 4K) Autel has a serious marketing and messaging problem to allow affiliates or dealers to play this game. Really. really bad... Circular firing squad bad.
You're entitled to your opinion, @Brock Inspector, and we appreciate you sharing your opinion. While your history on this forum appears to be quite negative, we'd love to shed some light on the positive, and that is the fact that prosumer, professional, and commercial pilots including but not limited to service providers, public safety operations, utilities, are thrilled that the Autel Smart Controller has finally arrived and they'll soon be deploying on missions with a turnkey 2000-nit 7.9" GCS. Most notably, well over half of all early pre-orders are to partners in SAR, law enforcement and fire/EM services. When deployment time is of the essence and key to early information gathering and situational awareness on scene, a large, well-lit, grab and go kit that can deploy in seconds reaps huge benefits in yielding a successful mission. We all know how weak Autel's standard remote controller has been for both the EVO I and EVO II. The Smart Controller is a great step in the right direction and is sure to be a foundation in Autel's ecosystem for years to come not only with the EVO II series, but future craft and product lines as well.

Speech and member opinions are free and open on the forum, we like to ensure the positives are being emphasized given what we've witnessed first hand over the last eight years of Advexure's existence seeing how UAV technology saves lives, creates once dangerous jobs safer, enhances operational efficiencies, and provides a new (aerial) perspective of the world.

Lastly, if you have an issue with something Advexure, Autel Robotics, or any company or vendor is doing, we recommend you take up your issue directly per the Community Rules of the forum. If you are targeting Advexure in your negative remarks and have a problem with something our business operation is doing, shoot us a PM and our team would be happy to schedule a call with you. We are a small business and know there is something to learn from any situation that isn't viewed as positive. In advance, we thank you and appreciate your feedback and constructive criticism.

I'm not sure if this link will work...but on a Facebook Evo2 page, there are a couple videos posted. While I can't translate the commentary, it shows the new Smart Controller from an industry show. When they pan from the new controller to the current version...well...let's just say I think it's impressive!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791