Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Pilot in Renton, WA

TravisPNW

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm an amateur photographer/videographer and this will be my 2nd drone experience... with hopefully happier experiences than the first. (The first was cheap and I lost it on the first flight last year) I have a Panasonic GH5 as my personal camera and a nice gaming PC with amazing video card that I use for editing. Still, I decided getting a drone was something I needed to try again... only this time I was going with the "you get what you pay for" mentality.

I picked up the Evo at Best Buy the other day under their current Father's Day promo which includes the carrying case and 2 extra batteries plus an extra 64gb card and a $100 e-gift card... all free with drone purchase.

What a steal!

After a couple days I must say I love this thing. I've done a few test flights around the Seattle metro area and did a test flight from work in Seattle the other day. The footage was amazing.

FAA registered too. Looking forward to these forums and getting some amazing videos and pics around the Pacific Northwest this summer.

Cheers!

Reactions: Franlac
Welcome to the Forum. I think you will enjoy your membership. There are many other members happy to provide assistance for any issues you may have, and those that may need information you bring. A lot of good information is already stored in existing threads.

Couple easy things:
1.) The search Icon is your friend. It's the magnifying glass near the upper right of the screen when you scroll all the way up. It can find many answers you will never find by yourself.
2.) Be aware that you won't always get a quick response. There are times when many other members are on line, and sometimes only a few. A response may not show up until the right person sees it.
3.) Be aware the forum is Global. If you are exchanging with a member on the other side of the world, response can get delayed and out of sequence due to a difference in local time.
4.) Although the Forum is global, the language is English. It is customary to translate other languages to English. Many members also include the original language post to help alleviate translation errors.
5.) Review the forum rules (on the bottom right). There are not too many, but it is important they are followed to keep the Forum a useful and happy place for everyone.

Reactions: TravisPNW
Hey Travis welcome to the site. Yeah you'll definitely on the right track as with the EVO you'll get your monies worth. Sounds like you'll be fine with this one. I started on SYM copters for several months about 3 years ago before moving on to the more expensive ones. Man did I crash a lot trying to get my bearings lol on those crafts without any GPS locks. Taught me a lot about the stick movement and orientation. Good luck !

Hi all,

I'm an amateur photographer/videographer and this will be my 2nd drone experience... with hopefully happier experiences than the first. (The first was cheap and I lost it on the first flight last year) I have a Panasonic GH5 as my personal camera and a nice gaming PC with amazing video card that I use for editing. Still, I decided getting a drone was something I needed to try again... only this time I was going with the "you get what you pay for" mentality.

I picked up the Evo at Best Buy the other day under their current Father's Day promo which includes the carrying case and 2 extra batteries plus an extra 64gb card and a $100 e-gift card... all free with drone purchase.

What a steal!

After a couple days I must say I love this thing. I've done a few test flights around the Seattle metro area and did a test flight from work in Seattle the other day. The footage was amazing.

FAA registered too. Looking forward to these forums and getting some amazing videos and pics around the Pacific Northwest this summer.

Cheers!
Welcome. I’m also in Renton, WA. I’ve had my Evo for a few months and love it. I also have a Mavic Pro and a Yuneec Q500 4K. Wildly different experience. Yuneec’s been bucket of trouble. The Evo and Mavic have been great.

Where have you been flying?

Welcome. I’m also in Renton, WA. I’ve had my Evo for a few months and love it. I also have a Mavic Pro and a Yuneec Q500 4K. Wildly different experience. Yuneec’s been bucket of trouble. The Evo and Mavic have been great.

Where have you been flying?

Hey thanks for the reply! Small world! I feel the same about the Evo... had it for 10 days and love it. It's my first "real" drone experience. I've experimented before with super cheap machines and you get what you pay for.

So far I've been flying around the neighborhood and took a few flights at some of the local dog parks. We visit them frequently with the 2 dogs and now I have more reason to go. This weekend I went up to Mt. Rainier and Chinook Pass... I got some clips up there that I'm going to post soon. I found out while I was there national parks are NFZs so I don't think I'll be doing that again but it's fine. There's lots of places in the Cascades that aren't in the park. I was fortunate enough to find out from a nice drone owner rather than a park ranger. Didn't think to check either... figured I was good with the FAA registration as long as I'm below 400 ft and 5 miles away from an airport.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy