Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New "LOW NOISE" Propellers for AUTEL EVO II

Hi.
Iv just tested the new low noise props today only to find that there's an issue.
Lower noise they have, but iv got vertical shaking. Buzzing like a bee! It comes and goes. A few gentle manoeuvres and it's ok, but in a hover it vibrates bad.
Stopped and swapped them back to the OEM petal shaped ones and all is well. So that rules out the arms, motors, body.
Checked the new Low noise and one of them has no friction holding the prop in place. It just flops around. I'm hoping this is my issue.
In flight the prop must be lagging behind the motor outputs and visa versa?
Thinking the electronics are trying to compensate violently
Im in the process of an exchange, hopping this is the problem.
The short filght I had with the Low noise props for me, there's a difference in flight.
All for the better.
I hope it's just a floppy prop.?

Did you try swapping the suspect prop to another arm and see if the same results happen? Floppy props are normally ok, since they are very loose and easy to open in flight. Normally the problem is from stiffer to open props that don't open fully.
Just a thought....if you have a phone that can record very fast frame rate video, you may be able to detect the prop in motion and possibly see something that is wrong. Maybe not, but worth a shot.

Hi 808
I did the swap but to no avail. I even tried the petals OEM that came with the drone and all is good.
The new Low noise props apart from the very floppy one have about the same friction on the hinges as the OEMs.
As soon as I get a chance I will do a slow motion video and see.
Thanks

wait...one more thing to check that I have seen on a video with the low noise...make sure they go in completely and are firm when seated with no play or wiggle on the motor. One guy had an issue with it, unless I am thinking of another drone. My brain is fuzzy...LOL!

hi
When I get a chance I'll check for updates, redo the IMU calibration and compass.
Check over the drone. I know it's not the drone, I have it on my lap looking at it. No cracks, splits or plastic fatigue. Checking each motor rotation for a bent bell/shaft.
I don't know why I'm checking for that as this drone had never hit or landed hard.
It wouldn't dent a pillow when it lands.
My son's race drones have hit walls and trees, new props and of it goes as if nothings happened.
When work doesn't get in the way and good weather. I will get the tall step ladder and do a slow motion video from above whilst it's hovering.
Son on the controller just in case.
Its not just me that has this issue with these new props, I've seen and read other web based forums with the same issue.
But none of them have concluded what they have done to sort the problem.
have they just gone back to the petal props?
I let you all know as soon as I know.

The problem may just be between chair and controler ☺️

Reactions: Quad808
hi
When I get a chance I'll check for updates, redo the IMU calibration and compass.
Check over the drone. I know it's not the drone, I have it on my lap looking at it. No cracks, splits or plastic fatigue. Checking each motor rotation for a bent bell/shaft.
I don't know why I'm checking for that as this drone had never hit or landed hard.
My son's race drones have hit walls and trees, new props and of it goes as if nothings happened.
When work doesn't get in the way and good weather. I will get the tall step ladder and do a slow motion video from above whilst it's hovering.
Its not just me that has this issue with these new props, I've seen and read other web based forums with the same issue.

I read in a forum once, that replacement props should come from the same batch. If not there could be balance issues. I don't know the veracity of this statement.

hi

Always good just to double check everything, but once you switched props and problem went away...more than likely its one of the new props as you already suspect.

Hi
Good news for me and info for all.
To my surprise I received my new replacement low noise props a few days early.
Front white was the very loose floppy prop so switched it out with the new white! Test flight / hover (10feet) still the same vibrations.
Landed and put on the original white floppy prop and swapped out rear right black with the new one. Both had the sameish friction on the hinges. But boom, no I didn't smash it! Its hovering without the shakes. Scratching my head but very pleased.
Did a few more test flights swapping props around and it is the one (black CW) prop that's the issue.
It looks ok, same profile as the other (black CW)
Not balanced ?
Was it worth the bother as I had no problems with the originals.
To me yes, they do have a slightly quiter different sound, can't see the difference in speed performance?
8mph wind is not a good test but at 10f in the air walking round it, she's rock steady.

Reactions: Quad808
I wish I had read a little more replies but I did purchase the new low noise propellers. Haven't really tried them as I thought I would keep them for replacement purposes when or if I needed to replace the props.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller