Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New firmware update V1.3.27 (gimbal sway fix?)

i installed the new firmware , the gimbal away is still occur. even more serious。
Ha figures. Mine is sitting at Autel for 2 weeks now for this. No fix no drone...$1700 drone hasn't been usable since January. They obviously don't have a fix which is why they don't respond to support requests. I have lawyer in the family and they are looking into class action against autel for this, will post when I know more.

I have a lite+. I updated the app to 1.3.25 yesterday during some regular app updates. This morning the drone fw updated to 1.3.27 and all seemed to go well. I rebooted the drone and controller. When I started up again it's asking for a compass calibration, first time for that. And it's also telling me I need to update to 1.3.27 for the EVO LITE (not the plus). When I check my fw version I am on 1.3.27. When I check the update info, it lists features for the LITE that the plus doesn't have? Also I have some weird app issues going on, like I have two config buttons one on top the other...I attached some images. I shut it all down for now.

edit: I restarted the phone and now the compass calibration and firmware update notification are gone. The config button is still messed up in the app. Screenshot_20220510-060642.jpg Screenshot_20220510-062015.jpg

Last edited:
The drone is still rotating and crabbing bad even after this update. Mine flies several degrees to the right with the stick full forward. These two issues are making for a very frustrating flying experience. The gimbal sway has improved, not is just rotating constantly.

Wow - download and upgrade has improved much to the prior versions. And I guess the interface is much better than before - it's easier to change settings while flying the drone. So let's dive in and find out what the little Evo Lite is capable of now.

The drone is still rotating and crabbing bad even after this update. Mine flies several degrees to the right with the stick full forward. These two issues are making for a very frustrating flying experience. The gimbal sway has improved, not is just rotating constantly.
Did you have calibrated IMU, COMPASS (outdoor) and GIMBAL?

Just heard back from Autel Support. They say there is nothing wrong with my drone and they saw my videos of the gimbal swaying on the ground and in the air and there is nothing to be repaired...I figured this would happen.

Re 230731 - Need to Return my Drone for ServiceRepair.jpg

The sway has improved imo (specially landed), but it's still there... but I can't say it for sure since I'm stuck with the old firmware and the new version of the app, wich shows some bugs/incompatibilities, as I'm not able to change exposure or WB, but at least it flies.

Tried with one of the latest POCO smartphones and the update also failed at 20% when it's supposed to transfer the files to the drone... but I suppose that not being able to update the firmware is also "nothing that would need repair" 😅

Now before every flight I give it a try to the update process, just in case the planets align, but this is not how things are done. At least on DJI you could update the drone from the computer.

Both my ex M2P, M2Z had gimbal sway when tested on the desk, as if they were seaching for contrast, but they both shot perfect Hyperlapse.

Yesterday I shot several hyperlapses with Lite+, two of them were good, the other two were very poor because, I guess, the subject and shooting angle were nearer and difficult to handle.

I believe hyperlapse rely mainly on image process, you can see the image has signiciant crop in hyperlpase mode. So it should be FW fixable.

Reactions: 30plusretlaw
A notification (you must update the Sky app first), but for the moment the update is failing, tried several times and can't get past 20%.
Also tried to manually copy the file to the SD card but it also fails at 20%.
20% is when it tries to copy the files from the phone to the drone.
Do you solved this?

I did it changing the SD Card.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58