Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Firmware, First Crash Ever...

Go
I have, and am currently rebuilding a DJI P3S. Lovely drone. I crashed it one too many times and did major damage. I generally use it everyday for work. So, I have been tempted with the autel since it came out, and I decided I needed a backup drone.

Well, as TJ said here, and I have said elsewhere, this is a great drone...but it doesn't fly like DJI. The build quality is better tho. I crashed mine when it went into atti mode twice and no harm, no foul. The DJI would have smashed the props and the camera I assure you.

So, now I have one of both. I adore both. For my work, I think the DJI is a better fit as it is much quicker to get in the air and put away when finished. I flew the XSP last night and had an enjoyable time. RTH the thing landed twice within 4 feet of takeoff. The DJI could never be that precise.

There are pluses and minuses for both. But convenience is the ultimate deciding factor for me, and that means the DJI right now. Though the XSP is a VERY close 2nd.

Good stuff. Thank you!!!

Sorry to hear about your crash, thank you shared the video. I know your feeling of being let down... I have had issues with our Phantom 4 Pro flying away during mapping missions, having to go into atti mode from 1700 ft away is hairy. We've gotten bricked by dji in non-existent NFZs, and RTH problems as well.....all because of the DJI mandatory firmware updates and app updates, along with IOS updates, and dji registration updates. I fly commercially and have lost faith in the Phantom 4 Pro. It was working fine until this June. Now we are in update hell...the bird, the RC, all the batteries, DJI Go4 app, Mapping apps, no rollback available...UGH!!! I use my Autel XSP as my go to pic and video taker, with OLD firmware and OLD Starlink app (May 2017) till we can tinker enough with the P4P to get confident again. Thanks for sharing....I may never ever ever "update" the Pumpkin again and count my blessings every time I hit the Autel RC RTH from a mile out and it comes back, with great video signal all the way home.
ARTO-Michigan
Amen bro

I wonder if anyone has had this problem, yesterday I downloaded the newest software on my XTP. everything worked fine I always use auto takeoff and land, which worked fine. I decided to try manual takeoff and landing. Takeoff was fine but when I went to land, I touched down and could not turn off the motors. I toed in the sticks and the motors would slow down some, then increase rpm when I returned them to neutral. I held them toed in for about 10 seconds to no avail. it then flipped on its back and the motors cut off. I was on soft grass so there was no damage. I attempted it twice more with the same results. Anyone have any ideas ?

OK, I'll give it a try. Is this something new? I never did a manual landing before this so I don't know if it is just the new firmware. Funny thing, I was texting back and forth with the autel tech center yesterday and they had no answer???? and they are supposed to be the "experts" on these things. Thank you all for your help :) I was on very soft grass when it flipped over so there was no damage, I just don't want to push my luck.

I hand catch. I've always used "left stick down" for motor shutdown. With the latest update that process is sped up dramatically. I'd say about two seconds or a bit less.

Nice sound effects and good recovery.
I do believe the beta firmware now allows you to use the pause button to cancel out the RTH but I cannot be sure on that. If you know how to get the log file from the x-star I am sure they would be interested in your crash so if there was a problem they can fix it.
Pause is what it says

put the left stick in the 7:00 position after touchdown...... works for me but you could have a bug in the software. Or worst,
a Russian:):):)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58