Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New firmware 2.4.43 for V2 SC & Autel explorer v2.0.27. (2023-05-15)

edgardcafe

Reaction score
Hello fellas !
I was in vacation for some time and didn’t use my Enterprise for while. Anyway, I remember before my vacation that I updated my enterprise to firmware v2.4.35 and Explorer (smart controller) 2.0.23, but I have never tested how it flights after the update.
Now, I’m checking on Autel Website that is a new firmware v2.4.43 for V2 smart controller and new explorer v2.0.27 (Autel explorer v2).
Did you guys update, any concerns or improvements? I’ll appreciate.

honestly, if i could get just one more v1 sw update, it think i'm good for the eventual eol.

Per Autel Support, Autel Explorer firmware update, “It was to make the firmware compatible for temperature reading errors in the 640R gimbal.”

Per Autel Support, Autel Explorer app update, “The other known issues are for the camera compatibility for the 640R V2 models only. In order to get the camera firmware to work, we had to update the issues within the app as well.”

Reactions: edgardcafe
Per Autel Support, Autel Explorer firmware update, “It was to make the firmware compatible for temperature reading errors in the 640R gimbal.”

Per Autel Support, Autel Explorer app update, “The other known issues are for the camera compatibility for the 640R V2 models only. In order to get the camera firmware to work, we had to update the issues within the app as well.”
So, no improvements for the enterprise v2. 🙄

I tested my Enterprise yesterday with the firmware v2.4.35 and Explorer (smart controller) 2.0.23, so same old same old 🙄 issues, it stops recording by itself.. anyway, we have to live with that..I guess

I had gone through the upgrade with the Evo II Enterprise 640T v2. Currently in process of downgrading firmware and controller software. There is an unresolved bug in the V2 software that causes the app to crash and restart while in flight on the Smart Controller V2. According to Autel only some units have been affected and they are still trying to figure out the cause. They provided me with the firmware and software download links and steps required to downgrade. The software had some improvements on grid pattern flights and turnarounds which was my primary reason for upgrading so I guess I'l have to wait and see if it gets resolved in the end.

Good news is although the app crashed I still had control via the controller of the bird and could fly visually. On uploaded missions it would continue with the mission. Once the app restarted it would re-establish connectivity and continue as if nothing happened.

They have been super responsive and I provided them with all the log files and screen recordings of when the event occurred. Once they realized hunting down the bug was going to take a while he provided me with details to roll back the update.

I had gone through the upgrade with the Evo II Enterprise 640T v2. Currently in process of downgrading firmware and controller software. There is an unresolved bug in the V2 software that causes the app to crash and restart while in flight on the Smart Controller V2. According to Autel only some units have been affected and they are still trying to figure out the cause. They provided me with the firmware and software download links and steps required to downgrade. The software had some improvements on grid pattern flights and turnarounds which was my primary reason for upgrading so I guess I'l have to wait and see if it gets resolved in the end.

Good news is although the app crashed I still had control via the controller of the bird and could fly visually. On uploaded missions it would continue with the mission. Once the app restarted it would re-establish connectivity and continue as if nothing happened.

They have been super responsive and I provided them with all the log files and screen recordings of when the event occurred. Once they realized hunting down the bug was going to take a while he provided me with details to roll back the update.
Hello,
I am experiencing the same issue, but still waiting a reply from Autel to resolve the issue. Are you able to share the roll back processes? I have experienced this issue while flying manually and each time was able to re-start the app while in flight with my EVO II Enterprise 640T. Just to confirm....your experience with the issue occurred during a mission. Is this correct? I need to do a thermal mapping mission in a few days and would like to know if there was any interruption with the data collection during the app crashes?

Hello,
I am experiencing the same issue, but still waiting a reply from Autel to resolve the issue. Are you able to share the roll back processes? I have experienced this issue while flying manually and each time was able to re-start the app while in flight with my EVO II Enterprise 640T. Just to confirm....your experience with the issue occurred during a mission. Is this correct? I need to do a thermal mapping mission in a few days and would like to know if there was any interruption with the data collection during the app crashes?I
I found that the drone will continue and complete a mission if it is uploaded and executing. I have done missions from KML files that were created with UGCS.

Every time I experienced a crash the app restarted but the mission was not interrupted.

Autel provided me with downloads of the old firmware via links. if you message me I can provide you a copy of the email.

I would suggest that you reach out to them as well as they have not yet managed to track down the bug. They can provide you with the steps needed.

Essentially what you end up doing is the following:
1) Uninstall the V2 app from the smart controller and rolling back the app to initial. You need to backup any log files you may want to keep before you start as it will clear out all.
2). Install the V1 app to the latest updates.
3.) Download the firmware file from Autel for the drone. Copy the zipfile to an micro SD card.
4.) Start up your controller, start up your drone. Make sure the two are connected. Once this is done with drone on and connected to Smart Controller, insert the MicroSD card into the drone. Wait for the Firmware application to complete.
Reboot everything.

I found that the drone will continue and complete a mission if it is uploaded and executing. I have done missions from KML files that were created with UGCS.

Every time I experienced a crash the app restarted but the mission was not interrupted.

Autel provided me with downloads of the old firmware via links. if you message me I can provide you a copy of the email.

I would suggest that you reach out to them as well as they have not yet managed to track down the bug. They can provide you with the steps needed.

Essentially what you end up doing is the following:
1) Uninstall the V2 app from the smart controller and rolling back the app to initial. You need to backup any log files you may want to keep before you start as it will clear out all.
2). Install the V1 app to the latest updates.
3.) Download the firmware file from Autel for the drone. Copy the zipfile to an micro SD card.
4.) Start up your controller, start up your drone. Make sure the two are connected. Once this is done with drone on and connected to Smart Controller, insert the MicroSD card into the drone. Wait for the Firmware application to complete.
Reboot everything.
Curios which craft firmware version that they suggest rolling back to.

I had conversation with Autel support on Friday June 30th and was told that they are close to a fix and in the meantime will be sending me instructions on how to roll back to the prior firmware version. Hopefully, I will hear back from them soon.

So, is 2.4.43 OK then or what??
What setup are you running? Smart Controller on a V2 drone with 640T Enterprise drone ? That is what I'm running and had to downgrade back from 2.4.43 due to issues. Have not seen any further releases or any further comms from Autel.

What setup are you running? Smart Controller on a V2 drone with 640T Enterprise drone ? That is what I'm running and had to downgrade back from 2.4.43 due to issues. Have not seen any further releases or any further comms from Autel.
No just the standard controller and EVO II V2 6K

Hello fellas !
I was in vacation for some time and didn’t use my Enterprise for while. Anyway, I remember before my vacation that I updated my enterprise to firmware v2.4.35 and Explorer (smart controller) 2.0.23, but I have never tested how it flights after the update.
Now, I’m checking on Autel Website that is a new firmware v2.4.43 for V2 smart controller and new explorer v2.0.27 (Autel explorer v2).
Did you guys update, any concerns or improvements? I’ll appreciate.
After doing this update, the obstacle avoidance is going on and off on its own.

Does anyone have the link so I can roll back?

I emailed Autel about this and as of yet they have not provided a solution.

My obstacle avoidance avoidance goes on and off by itself. Do you have the links to roll back for the Smart Controller and previous firmware. I should remember, if it's not broke don't fix it. Never a dull moment

did you manage to get the rollback versions?
Hello Loxpilot,

I have the same drone (with V2 smart controller) and the same issue as you. Would you please send me the files that Autel send you (V2.3.23 on the firmware. Explorer app V1. 2.11)? It would be much appreciated!

I have been in contact with Autel since the firmware update prior to this one (Autel Explorer V2.0.33) and have provided them with log files and screenshots but they were unable to solve the problem. So now I would like to try this "new" update (V2.0.33), but I'm afraid it won't work so I will probably downgrade firmware and controller software after.

Thx for your help

Hello Loxpilot,

I have the same drone (with V2 smart controller) and the same issue as you. Would you please send me the files that Autel send you (V2.3.23 on the firmware. Explorer app V1. 2.11)? It would be much appreciated!

I have been in contact with Autel since the firmware update prior to this one (Autel Explorer V2.0.33) and have provided them with log files and screenshots but they were unable to solve the problem. So now I would like to try this "new" update (V2.0.33), but I'm afraid it won't work so I will probably downgrade firmware and controller software after.

Thx for your help
See the details shared in the private conv.

Let me know how the 33 update goes if you don't mind.

Reactions: GrimtheViking
Hello Loxpilot,

Thx for your help
I have the Enterprise and SC V2, and had start up and range issues after updating, I reset both App and Evo and upgraded back until the Evo V2.4.35 and the App to V2.0.23 and everything is Ok again, for me there was maybe issues with the 2.0.33 app?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials