Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Camera coming!

This announcement is intended to counter Dji Phantom 4 Pro.
Except that we are not obliged to buy a new Xstar, but simply the camera: I say YES (x 1000)
Because it means that Autel pursues its advantage of the removable nacelle and it is rather reassuring.

The answer of Autel support to my question :

Hello Francois

Thank you for the New Years wishes. Happy new year to you as well.

We have designed both of the upcoming camera releases to fit the X-Star and X-Start Premium.

Fly Safe!

I love the idea that improvements can be made to my XSP - and I don't have to buy a new bird every couple months to "keep up" like our brethren over in the DJI loop. Seems like one after another keep cropping up, and throngs of their owners are always buying something new. Not interested in that!

The thermal and other upcoming options looks insane!

Appears Autel is announcing the release of a new camera at CES this weekend.

4k 1" 20.2MP CMOS sensor camera.

Excitement? Yay or Nay.
It's not happening anymore. What's really disappointing is they won't tell anyone. gives me zero confidence in this company.

Just from little bits and pieces I have picked up from the web the problem or delay in the 1 inch camera is not Autel but the supplier wants them to use a different sensor then the one Autel wants to use and the Flir camera has some kind of compatibility issue with the firmware of the Starlink App. Nobody is confirming anything these days only saying they are hard at work with new products.
Even their Facebook page is very quite and I have not seen one Autel employee post anything in a long time other than the photo\video contest they are having.

I heard the joint venture was with Sony and they were the one's who pulled the plug on it. The fact that their website will not respond and there's no follow up since January is not a good sign. I seriously doubt this company will be around in 2 years. I was hoping for an alternative to DJI which is why I bought one but now I am thinking of unloading this thing before it's impossible.

Once the SDK is released (CES 2017 promise) i think 3rd party vendors will come out with their own hardware for the gimbal. its just a pinout....so im still hopeful the sdk release will keep the pumpkin fresh with new things to attach to it...

I was hoping for an alternative to DJI which is why I bought one but now I am thinking of unloading this thing before it's impossible.

You want to talk "impossible"? Try selling a Phantom 2 Vision (non +). I've still got mine and don't fly it because I've got my XSP. I still thoroughly enjoy my XSP, because it does everything I want it to do. Flies well, takes great pictures and video, and has good range. But then, I'm not one who chases the so-called newest, bestest, fastest, spendiest, fanciest anything. You have to have deep pockets to keep up with the almost monthly new offerings from DJI. And if you read any of their forums you see tons of problems over there as well.

It would be nice (I guess) to be able to hook up Litchi and make mega-mile autonomous trips with the attendant magnificent videos like "Dirty Bird" over on the DJI front, but I can live without it.

I guess I haven't fallen into the "Let's trash Autel every chance we get" mode yet. And, I hope to stay clear of it.

;)

Reactions: Rawdog
My only complaint with Autel is that they will "claim" to be on the verge of something great, then don't deliver in anytime in the near future. You can only keep up by "talk" for so long. Deliver or stop talking about it. The firmware issue for example. Supposedly we are the final version, .12. With corrections pending of course.........

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
You want to talk "impossible"? Try selling a Phantom 2 Vision (non +). I've still got mine and don't fly it because I've got my XSP. I still thoroughly enjoy my XSP, because it does everything I want it to do. Flies well, takes great pictures and video, and has good range. But then, I'm not one who chases the so-called newest, bestest, fastest, spendiest, fanciest anything. You have to have deep pockets to keep up with the almost monthly new offerings from DJI. And if you read any of their forums you see tons of problems over there as well.

It would be nice (I guess) to be able to hook up Litchi and make mega-mile autonomous trips with the attendant magnificent videos like "Dirty Bird" over on the DJI front, but I can live without it.

I guess I haven't fallen into the "Let's trash Autel every chance we get" mode yet. And, I hope to stay clear of it.

;)

Ha! i just bought a P2 with the h4-z3 gimbal on ebay $100 because the FLIR duo fits on that gimbal. we dont have the Flir on it yet, but will soon. if you want to offload your working P2v for $100, im interested....im not holding my breath on Autels Flir duo.

So I just spoke with a CS rep at Autel about an issue I was having with my drone and at the end of our call I asked him about the new camera. Here is what he said...

We have run into a delay with the new camera. Sony was requiring a pretty significant piece of glass to be in front of the sensor that has caused the price of the system to skyrocket. At this point the new camera may never come to fruition but we are still exploring our options.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials