Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Autel star premium pilot

Johnny D913

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I currently belong to a Mavic pilots forum and fly dji mavics.
Recently I bought a autel star premium to have around but the video lags terribly..
Is this common?
I am going to try a new usb to lightning and see if that helps but if not then what?
Also I put in an extreme sd card but no help..
Thank u all
JohnnyD913

Reactions: GFields
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Typically, lagging is caused by slow processing speed on the recording device, low memory, or slow SD Card.

Reactions: Johnny D913
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Typically, lagging is caused by slow processing speed on the recording device, low memory, or slow SD Card.
Thank u GFields

I tried a new lightning cable and no help..
I’m going to attach a photo of the firmware it’s currently running..
If this is old please let me know..
Thank u

Hey guys,
I currently belong to a Mavic pilots forum and fly dji mavics.
Recently I bought a autel star premium to have around but the video lags terribly..
Is this common?
I am going to try a new usb to lightning and see if that helps but if not then what?
Also I put in an extreme sd card but no help..
Thank u all
JohnnyD913

When you say lagging, what do you mean? You mean there is a reception delay when flying the drone, there's a delay when you send commands through the app, or there is a delay when pressing record/stopping record? Did you buy the drone brand new? That's a really old model and I don't even think batteries are still produced for it, personally if I were you I'd try to return it and either get one of the newer models or get a DJI drone instead.

When you say lagging, what do you mean? You mean there is a reception delay when flying the drone, there's a delay when you send commands through the app, or there is a delay when pressing record/stopping record? Did you buy the drone brand new? That's a really old model and I don't even think batteries are still produced for it, personally if I were you I'd try to return it and either get one of the newer models or get a DJI drone instead.
Yea I bought it used for $150.
I have Mavic Pro
Mavic air2s
Avata
Mavic 2
I bought it mainly to let my kids train on
But since I have it decided to try and fix video..
When I say lag I mean if it’s recording or not
The video feed is miles behind the drone..
For example I can fly away and the video won’t catch up to drone unless I stop..
If I yaw it does the same thing
The ribbon cable looks fine.
I’m gonna try to upgrade and see if that helps
But I doubt it..
Thank u

Yea I bought it used for $150.
I have Mavic Pro
Mavic air2s
Avata
Mavic 2
I bought it mainly to let my kids train on
But since I have it decided to try and fix video..
When I say lag I mean if it’s recording or not
The video feed is miles behind the drone..
For example I can fly away and the video won’t catch up to drone unless I stop..
If I yaw it does the same thing
The ribbon cable looks fine.
I’m gonna try to upgrade and see if that helps
But I doubt it..
Thank u

It sounds like it could have been crashed so any number of things could be causing it, I doubt a FW update will fix it. It could also not be the drone itself, it could be the controller. It sounds like the control signals are working fine but the video signal that is supposed to ride the control signals either isn't transmitting properly, being received properly, or has an encoding/decoding issue.

One thing you could try is re-binding the controller to the drone. Below is a video on how to pair the controller to the drone. I doubt it will help, but you never know. If everything else works fine, your kids could still practice with it, they would just have to keep it within close line of sight. But taking off, landing, and other flight maneuvers can be performed in an open area without the video signal; not ideal but at least it wouldn't be a total waste.

You could also get really creative and rig up your own FPV system on the drone, before the modern drones, we used to have to add our own FPV setup since they didn't have cameras or video feeds. Far from ideal, but it could be fun to teach your kids how to tinker with it. Here is a link to an example system.

It sounds like it could have been crashed so any number of things could be causing it, I doubt a FW update will fix it. It could also not be the drone itself, it could be the controller. It sounds like the control signals are working fine but the video signal that is supposed to ride the control signals either isn't transmitting properly, being received properly, or has an encoding/decoding issue.

One thing you could try is re-binding the controller to the drone. Below is a video on how to pair the controller to the drone. I doubt it will help, but you never know. If everything else works fine, your kids could still practice with it, they would just have to keep it within close line of sight. But taking off, landing, and other flight maneuvers can be performed in an open area without the video signal; not ideal but at least it wouldn't be a total waste.

You could also get really creative and rig up your own FPV system on the drone, before the modern drones, we used to have to add our own FPV setup since they didn't have cameras or video feeds. Far from ideal, but it could be fun to teach your kids how to tinker with it. Here is a link to an example system.

Thank you for the info friend..
I will take ur advice and rebind..
But ur right, likely crashed and no telling what broke..
O well it’s a neat trainer

Reactions: herein2021

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d