Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Autel Robotics Controller is coming: Now is official :D

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think it will be much under $900 if it has a full working Android OS so other drones can also be operated by it.

As long as they didn't mess with the TX/RX side of the original RC, i'm still blown away at how far I can fly with solid signal, no drops!
guessing it'll work as a normal RC if I have no wifi?

What's the difference between these two?

Is it just 1000nits vs 2000nits?
Brightness is the same between SC and SCE. SCE is solely for the Matrice 300 and uses the Ocusync Enterprise protocol, has lower cavity for LTE/cellular modem dongles, and also has the ability to run an external WB37 battery in addition to the internal battery in the RC.

Reactions: PingSpike
Don't see this Smart RC being able to run in an "open" ecosystem outside of Autel systems. I would think that it could be compatible with the EVO I, obviously EVO II, and then similar to what DJI did with their SC, make it an option/compatible with future systems in the Autel ecosystem.

in the specs, reply#3 it says customizable OS for 3rd party applications
also says works with the 3 EVO II's
Yes, I imagine the Android system it will be running on will be more "opened" than what we see on the other Smart Controllers out there that are somewhat restrictive in what you can and cannot do in terms of 3rd party apps being downloaded or side-loaded onto the Android OS.

Thinking outside the box, This Smart Controller can transmit 13km (8 plus miles). Anyone else feel an Evo 3 is around the corner?

Even if our Evo 2 models could safely travel 8 miles out, it’ll never make it back. Maybe Autel has an Evo 3 coming soon, that will benefit from the new Smart Controllers strong signal strength.

Anyone else feel an Evo 3 coming soon with longer flight capacity?

Last edited:
I mean, we all want to believe ithis bunny is real, but there's some bizarre contradictions listed. "Sleek" and 2.5 lbs? Retina AND Android, but with 4 year old Exynos 8895 processor that powered Note8 (4K, but not 6K or 8K by the Samsung specs). I expect someone had April Fool's fun buryng these Easter Eggs in time-- but that are just now being found a few days late

I mean, we all want to believe ithis bunny is real, but there's some bizarre contradictions listed. "Sleek" and 2.5 lbs? Retina AND Android, but with 4 year old Exynos 8895 processor that powered Note8 (4K, but not 6K or 8K by the Samsung specs). I expect someone had April Fool's fun buryng these Easter Eggs in time-- but that are just now being found a few days late
Say it isn't so!

Tell me the last time a processor upgrade made any significant difference in the last 5+ years? Intel and AMD haven't had a massive upgrade of more then maybe 5% real world difference in forever. Qualcomm has probably been a bit better but in order to do it they've had to give up a bit of their power savings and crank up CPU speed which eats battery power. Memory makes more difference then CPU by a wide margin. 128GB SSD is way fast enough. Go look at any Surface tablet and tell me apps don't load fast from the disk. The DJI smartcontroller used a chip that was basically 4yrs old at launch and ppl have raved about that thing to this day. Memory and disk handicap way, way more then CPU and has for years. My wife runs Revit(Autocad) on an 8yr old laptop. Know why it still runs it well? I put the max everything in that machine when I got it. 32gb of memory and SSD drive. Given what's in this thing it will run fine for several years. It will be another 4 yrs before the chips will even make much of a difference over this one they are putting in.

Other drones?

How would that work? ?

I get that you could install other apps, but the joysticks and buttons couldn't be used with anything but an Evo?
The ability to install other apps such as the DJI Fly App and any other drone app.

The ability to install other apps such as the DJI Fly App and any other drone app.
Yep, you could install apps, but not control other drones unless they share the same RC protocol, and big fat chance DJI would ever, EVER allow that, unless someone cracks occusync, and I don't think it has been done. What I would hope for is to be able to control more than one Autel drone model, in other words a switch so that you can bind more than one bird to it. I bet that won't happen either, so you would need to bind everytime you change birds, which isn't that big a deal.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dandandan