Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

New Autel Robotics Controller is coming: Now is official :D

On Tuesday, I sent an email to Autel asking about the delivery. So, this is the replayed I got.

Attachments

• IMG_2315.jpg
    IMG_2315.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 40
Why did they not think of it earlier? Then again Yuneec had it for years.

oh gosh, I think we might have a problem....with the smart controller! :confused:

re: latest update from autel

if they come close, I'm ok. I knew I wouldn't be flying over Memorial Day but I expect that have a full summer for smart controller flying and that means I have to start by Jun 20. ;)

what I am more worried about is underestimating the demand or some sort of chip or parts shortage, a yield problem, maybe those screens are flaking out...something beyond their control, maybe covid slow down, and either we get massive delays or autel only received 50 in their first batch which means only 2 per dealer (channel, whatever) and we don't know when that second batch will arrive.
Looks like your worries were founded in good logic. They will only have a limited supply of Version 1 Smart controllers that compatible with V1 Evo 2's. After that they switch to V2 which are not compatible.

Autel V2 Product Announcement

Dear Supporters,
In order to stay true to Autel Robotics’ commitment to transparency, this notice is to inform you of a few changes coming as a result of the well- documented global chip shortage.

Due to the shortage, we will be unable to produce more of the current version of our EVO II platforms, Smart Controllers, and Live Deck. As a result, we will be releasing a second version of these platforms in the upcoming months. Unfortunately, this means Version 1 aircraft will not work with Version 2 controllers and vice versa, although batteries will remain cross-compatible.
Though brought on by necessity, this change gives us an opportunity to improve on our product. The new version will provide increased transmission stability, significantly enhancing the user experience. It will also enable us to create a more sustainable supply chain so we can continue to get our tools into the hands of those who rely on them.

With this new development in mind, only a limited number of Version 1 Smart Controllers will be manufactured. These will be distributed on a first come, first served basis. If you have any further questions, please reach out to our team at [email protected].

Thank you for your support and understanding. We will do our best to remedy the situation as quickly as possible.

I cancelled my 2 SC with Empre Drone - pending my credit of 2398.00, Tripltek works great and saving $2398.00 - snooze and you lose.. will never pre order again anything.

I have no $ down with my pre-order, but this does give me pause for concern.

However, unless I am mistaken, I don't think the TriplTek does video out for a second monitor, so I'd need to also get a live deck. Puts me back up at SC $ area...

I don't have any money down on the SC, but I do have a pre-order with Advexure. I'm reconsidering that now. To be honest, I'm reconsidering Autel completely. There are many ways to handle this while making people feel stable in their choice of platform... but the way they're handling it really isn't one of them.

Reactions: advexure
Is everyone now cancelling all their v1 Smart Controller pre-orders?

Or sticking with it?

?
Nope i paid full from advexure on 4/29 so i should be the first to get one when its released. when i bought it i was not thinking if the SC would would with Future autel drones. as long as it works with my Current Autel E2P im happy. im used to it Yunnec and DJI has pulled this **** before

Nope i paid full from advexure on 4/29 so i should be the first to get one when its released. when i bought it i was not thinking if the SC would would with Future autel drones. as long as it works with my Current Autel E2P im happy. im used to it Yunnec and DJI has pulled this **** before
same way I think.

I'm inclined to agree. I've been in pro-video my whole adult life. I started in U-Matic 3/4 tape, moved to 1" and BetaCam...then to BetaCamSP. I just discarded by last two BetaCam decks. $30,000 each new....worthless now. HD pretty much killed off most SD gear.

The same goes for video cameras and digital cameras. I buy everything I think I will ever need when the camera is new. Once its discontinued, (in my case, Sony) will drop the accessories too.

My only real concern is will Autel still support these Gen 1 units.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58