Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!

NEW AUTEL EXPLORER APP FOR ANDROID: constantly updated (STABLE ver. 1.1.7.19) ( 21 december 2020)

lukappaseidue

Reaction score
21 December 2020
Version 1.1.7.19

Official Version Release Notes​

Android Version: V1.1.7.19
New Features:
  1. EVO II aircraft activation
  2. Added Oblique photography mission mode
  3. Added the option to turn off the LED indicators on front and rear arms
  4. Added the option for Beta users to roll back the firmware to the latest public released version
  5. Added radiometric support for infiRay 640T sensor in picture-in-picture mode
  6. Added cross-hatch feature in Polygon missions
  7. Users can manually input GPS coordinates in Waypoint missions
Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  1. Optimized takeoff button hold time to eliminate accidental activations
  2. Optimized the IMU calibration diagram display
  3. Optimized the warning message display times
  4. Fixed the EXP setting saving issue in Android
  5. Fixed English translation errors

Official link

16 december 2020

Autel Explorer App Release Notes​

Beta Version Release Notes​

Android Version: V1.1.7.18
New Features:
  1. EVO II aircraft activation
  2. Added Oblique photography mission mode
  3. Added the option to turn off the LED indicators on front and rear arms
  4. Added the option for Beta users to roll back the firmware to the latest public released version
  5. Added radiometric support for infiRay 640T sensor in picture-in-picture mode
  6. Added cross-hatch feature in Polygon missions
  7. Users can manually input GPS coordinates in Waypoint missions
Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  1. Optimized takeoff button hold time to eliminate accidental activations
  2. Optimized the IMU calibration diagram display
  3. Optimized the warning message display times
  4. Fixed the EXP setting saving issue in Android
  5. Fixed English translation errors

• To use the iOS beta app:
    • Use your iOS device to visit this public invitation link: Join the Autel Explorer beta
    • Follow the instruction in the link above to install the beta app using TestFlight.
  • To use the Android beta app:
    • Use your mobile device to visit this link: Sign in - Google Accounts
    • Login with your Google Play store registered account, if you are not already logged in.
    • Click the "BECOME A TESTER"
    • Click the link - download it on Google Play
    • Click "Install" and you will get the download installed

Official link

22 october 2020

Official Version Release Notes​

Android Version: V1.1.7.10
New Features:
  1. Added EVO II RTK supports
  2. Added IMU calibration
  3. Added InfiRay 640T thermal camera and radiometric supports (Region Specific)
  4. Added Hyperlapse in Intelligent Flight Mode
  5. Added the third axis calibration in compass calibration
  6. Added Obstacle Avoidance quick switch in the top right corner
  7. Added High and Low Speed mode in Dynamic, Tripod and Parallel Track

Bugs Fixes and Optimizations:
  1. Resolved the gimbal roll axis tilt issue in waypoint mission
  2. Translation error fixes

link from official site

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 82
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Reactions: advexure

Andrzej

Reaction score
It looks there is regression in this version: EXP setting for Forward/Right is always set to 0.5. Whatever I enter there after I exit configuration and come back, it's back to 0.5:
1603651793391.png
Firmware 2.5.11. I cleared all data, reinstalled the app, it's still there. Any one else experiencing the same issue?

lukappaseidue

Reaction score
It looks there is regression in this version: EXP setting for Forward/Right is always set to 0.5. Whatever I enter there after I exit configuration and come back, it's back to 0.5:
View attachment 8861
Firmware 2.5.11. I cleared all data, reinstalled the app, it's still there. Any one else experiencing the same issue?

Yes you are right

Andrzej

Reaction score
Yes you are right
Thanks for confirmation. There is also a typo in another place. Autel support responded promptly:
Thank you for letting us know. Im happy to get this information sent off to our engineers to resolve prior to the public release. I have confirmed both issues on my device as well so it is repeatable.

Cicero24

Reaction score
Is the iOS version not available yet? TestFlight still shows v1.7.5 when I checked even using the link under Beta Testing on Autel’s website. I tried the Android version and it was glitchy for me.

xval

Reaction score
there is a bug in Autel Explorer 1.7.18 (latest beta for android) in IMU calibration. Steps 5 and 6 show the same orientation with 'face' up, while step 5 should be 'face' down. just updated both explorer and firmware. had to check youtube after a few failures.

RkamilC

Reaction score
Awesome that now app communicating all actions like landing protection on, landing repositioning, unsafe to land etc.

charmin

Reaction score
Awesome.... ! embarrassing more like it... just loaded 1.7.18 and now it is asking me to revert back to last version... and yes the IMU calibration is incorrect plus the EXP still does not save the settings... I havent even had a chance to try anything else... pathetic.

I have defended Autel until now but this is all to much, as I have said before, more time loading and removing, software, sorting apps and firmware than flying, a total disgrace. It also seems that Autel are very relaxed about all this and don't really seem to care. I have always said to people, yes I would recommend but never again, if this cost me a few hundred pounds then fine, but this was almost 2K pounds.....
Someone needs to stop sitting around their desk eating do-nuts and get their act together and also sack the software developer, whom clearly isn't.
I agree this is a beta but even so, someone should at least try it, is there no QC software control...

Cicero24

Reaction score
Awesome.... ! embarrassing more like it... just loaded 1.7.18 and now it is asking me to revert back to last version... and yes the IMU calibration is incorrect plus the EXP still does not save the settings... I havent even had a chance to try anything else... pathetic.

I have defended Autel until now but this is all to much, as I have said before, more time loading and removing, software, sorting apps and firmware than flying, a total disgrace. It also seems that Autel are very relaxed about all this and don't really seem to care. I have always said to people, yes I would recommend but never again, if this cost me a few hundred pounds then fine, but this was almost 2K pounds.....
Someone needs to stop sitting around their desk eating do-nuts and get their act together and also sack the software developer, whom clearly isn't.
I agree this is a beta but even so, someone should at least try it, is there no QC software control...
YES! ^THIS! I whole heartedly agree! EVERY firmware they have released has been riddled with issues. Every time I have spoken to CS on the phone, they have been very nonchalant or dismissive. I have called with questions about various issues or functionality and they couldn’t even provide an answer to some questions about their own product. Just so disappointing. I have only had my EVO II since March and I have a laundry list worth of experienced issues and it has already been sent in to Autel once. What a hassle!

Reactions: charmin
Reaction score
Is the iOS version not available yet? TestFlight still shows v1.7.5 when I checked even using the link under Beta Testing on Autel’s website. I tried the Android version and it was glitchy for me.
Wish I would have known this before I downloaded the app beta from Autels page lol now I can’t fly my evo2p because it’s been updated to the beta and the beta on the app is 1.7.5!! It turns on and gimbal works and taking pictures, but motors won’t start up and get a

Attachments

• 95BA35E1-4865-471B-93EB-321A1A78E50C.jpeg
    95BA35E1-4865-471B-93EB-321A1A78E50C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
Reaction score

I second this!! It definitely not a couple hundred dollars we are talking about! It’s a couple thousand jeesh!

Reactions: charmin

Cicero24

Reaction score
Wish I would have known this before I downloaded the app beta from Autels page lol now I can’t fly my evo2p because it’s been updated to the beta and the beta on the app is 1.7.5!! It turns on and gimbal works and taking pictures, but motors won’t start up and get a
Yeah! Pure garbage on Autel’s part! You wanna know the best part about it? When I called Autel to ask about the iOS Beta link only showing the current public version, their own customer service representative didn’t even know a thing about it and kept telling me that I had to use the link on the website. I told him I was and then he continued to tell me that there must be a problem with my phone or computer! Their own customer service representatives don’t even know what’s going on!

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danie