Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

NEW AUTEL EVO BETA FIRMWARE RELEASED: 1.5.8

That would be good, I cross my fingers, maybe in 4 or 6 months. I hope that Autel will not slow down the updates and news with the arrival of EVO 2!
Just don't be in too big a hurry to get the Evo2. You do know that companies do this all the time - they promise a "new and improved" product and then everyone ditches the old product because it is always assumed that newer is better. My belief is that if you are happy with what you have, don't be tempted by something with features that you don't need.

Just don't be in too big a hurry to get the Evo2. You do know that companies do this all the time - they promise a "new and improved" product and then everyone ditches the old product because it is always assumed that newer is better. My belief is that if you are happy with what you have, don't be tempted by something with features that you don't need.
I'm in no hurry, I'm getting my EVO 1 this week! I just say that with the arrival of the EVO 2, I hope that Autel will continue to make updates for EVO 1 even after the release of EVO 2! And if I had to buy the EVO 2 in the future it would require me to change the PC to manage the 8K editing video, we will see in 3 years if I have the budget and needs.

It would be nice if they could let you upgrade the camera on the EVO1 for a decent price for those who dont want to pay more for a new product.

Maybe also have the option to pay to upgrade the IR sensor the a camera style like the front....and maybe upgrade the obstacle avoidance system like that on the Skydio..

I mean, they would still make money. Some people dont want to buy the newst machine...they just want to modify their current one

Reactions: DanielC
It would be nice if they could let you upgrade the camera on the EVO1 for a decent price for those who dont want to pay more for a new product.

Maybe also have the option to pay to upgrade the IR sensor the a camera style like the front....and maybe upgrade the obstacle avoidance system like that on the Skydio..

I mean, they would still make money. Some people dont want to buy the newst machine...they just want to modify their current one
I remember feeling that way a while back.

+1000 I just don’t know how they would do the upgrade if they didn’t plan for a replacement camera during the engineering and manufacturing design.
Many user would struggle with a camera replacement that meant soldering tiny wires or buying special tools. The point is that if it isn’t easy, Autel will have a lot of customer complaints and that may not be worth the pain for them.

I would love it if it could be done though. It make financial sense for me and I love the drone as it is.

+1000 I just don’t know how they would do the upgrade if they didn’t plan for a replacement camera during the engineering and manufacturing design.
Many user would struggle with a camera replacement that meant soldering tiny wires or buying special tools. The point is that if it isn’t easy, Autel will have a lot of customer complaints and that may not be worth the pain for them.

I would love it if it could be done though. It make financial sense for me and I love the drone as it is.

Send it back to them for the modification. Just like people who fix old vehicles and modify them. Some people rather do that than buy a new car. Autel will still have people buying the newest drone just like people buy the newest vehicle all the time.

Yeah, the Evo might not fly another 10 minutes like the newest drone, but at least you can add better options to it and save money.

Another option would be that Autel accept trade-ins of older drones for a reduced price for a new drone...just like a trade in at a car dealer.

I don't know...maybe its just my useless thinking.

I know they are out to make a profit like any company, but doing something different that no other company does may open more doors for them.

I just hate to see it that they become like every single manufacturer....create something new every single year and then forget about the thing they made a year ago and stop giving updates or options. That gets old real quick.

They had the trade in program, so I don’t see that as out of the question.
I guess I could deal with the three week turn for the upgrade. Plus if they do it it will be warrrannteed. Count me in.

Reactions: PoorMoney

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy